Chapter 27.

Anaïs POV

I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes to see myself in Xavier's arms. Concern and then relief washed over his face as he seen I was okay. I reached up to cup his cheek and he sighed at my touch.

"I'm sorry for the pain I caused you." He said as he lowered his head down to kiss my forehead.

I looked around and realized that we were back at the pack house in Xavier's room. I looked around and noticed that Rosalina was no where in sight so I began to worry.

"Rosalina is with my grandparents don't worry." He said as he sensed my worry.

"What happened?" I noticed the wound on the side of his face now looked like how it looked a few days ago.

"Gabriel and his followers attacked us. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or if someone tipped him off that we would be gone but he attacked. I had to shift in order to protect Raven which is why you felt pain. He's locked in the dungeons, I'll let you decide what to do with him."

"I don't want to think about him right now, I'm just glad you're okay." I smiled.

We sat there in silence, enjoying each other's presence. I studied his face, memorizing every line, every blemish and his features as he kept his eyes closed thinking about something.

"How long have I been out?" I finally asked. He opened his eyes and looked down at me.

"Almost the whole day, it will be night time soon." He said.

There was a long silence until Xavier broke it.

"Anaïs I want to take you out properly and somewhere special, no one else, just us." He whispered in my ear.

I nodded and looked up at what seemed like his sparkling grey eyes. He gently removed me from his lap and placed me on his bed.

"I already moved you and Rosalina's belongings into my room so they all should be here. I will come back for you at 8." He kissed my forehead before walking out the door.

I sighed and sat up from the bed. I walked into his bathroom and looked through the mirror. I was tired of looking like this.

I looked weak, I looked vulnerable, I looked like a fragile girl who people could walk all over.

Not anymore.

I looked through all his cabinets until I found a pair of scissors. Just as I snipped off a chunk of my hair, there was a knock at my door. I walked over and opened it up for Raven to bum rush her way in. She turned around and looked at the missing chunk of my hair.

"Cutting your hair? Cause right now you're doing a horrible job." She raised an eyebrow.

She grabbed my arm and tugged me into the bathroom. She sat me down on the toilet and snatched the scissors away from me.

"So are you alright? I noticed Xavier coming out the woods with you in his arms." She asked as she snipped away at my hair.

"I was at their lake house and I passed out from the pain of Xavier."

"It's good you're okay." I heard her mutter.

"So what's going on with you and Chris?" I asked.

I felt her stiffen up. "It's hard to ignore him, he's goes wherever I go and he is always apologizing, the mate bond keeps pulling me to him." She sighed.

"Raven you can be with him I don't mind, he hasn't done anything to you but love you." I said quietly.

"He loved you but he still beat you. Felicity I'm scared, I may act tough but I'm scared of a lot of things. I'm scared that my one and only will reject me and leave me alone forever. I've lost a lot of people I've loved in the past. I just don't want someone to take advantage of my vulnerability and use it against me." She said quietly.