Chapter 25.

"Mrs. Rose Marie where are we going?" I asked as we driver further and further into the forest.

We have been driving for about an hour and we haven't heard anything from Xavier or his grandfather.

"Please Anaïs call me Rosy or Nana Rosy, there is a cabin we used to take Daniel and Xavier to whenever we visited. They used to play by the lake and run around the cabin." She smiled from the front seat.

I remained quiet as we continued passing trees, no signs of civilization anywhere.

"Anaïs what was going on at the restaurant? You and Xavier seemed a little separate." She asked.

"I sort have upset him." I said quietly.

"He still feels like he's in Daniel's shadow?" She asked.

"How do you-"

"Watching the boys grow up, it was obvious that Xavier was constantly in Daniel's shadow, that's the hard part about being a twin. Daniel's personality just always outshined Xavier's and he always hated being compared to him. When he found out that they were going to make Daniel Alpha instead of him he was heart broken, on top of Daniel stealing his mate, it will forever be his greatest insecurity." She explains.

I look down in shame at my lap. She must think badly of me.

"I feel bad." I asked quietly.

"It's not your fault that you fell for Daniel's persuasive personality, Xavier has to understand that you love him, but you loved Daniel too and nothing will ever change that, you have to be able to understand Xavier's insecurities and understand that he knows what he did is wrong but he's trying," She said.
I smiled and looked up at her. I can tell why Xavier trusted his grandmother so much, she was helpful and never seemed to judge. I wish my parents could be like that.

"Thank you Nana Rosy, guess we still have some work to be done in our relationship." I smiled.

"Good good, that's what I would like to hear."

"So if you have a pack in Italy then how come Xavier and his family ended up here and not in Italy?" I asked.

"Roman's brother was the Alpha of our pack in Italy, Roman was the youngest so of course he wasn't going to be Alpha. Daisy and Carlito were friends of ours so when we got a call that they needed help moving their entire pack to America, we flew down with Roman to help. That's when Roman met May and he stayed in the pack ever since."

The car stopped and I looked outside. We were near a beautiful lake with a large cabin on the side. I unbuckled Rosalina who was awake making gurgling noises and exited the car. We made our way towards the cabin as Nana Rosy walked inside.

It was cozy inside, it looked totally different than the outside. It was fully furnished inside, polished floors, everything looked clean and comfy.

"Everything is on one floor, I can show you Xavier's room while we wait." Nana Rosy smiled.

"No no I can find it thank you." I smiled as I walked towards the back.

There were three doors, I'm guessing to three different bedrooms, the first door smelled strangely familiar. I entered it and realized that this was Daniel's room. I sighed and backed out of the doorway. I wasn't going to put myself through that. There was nothing I could do, I have a mate who loves me and I won't put myself through that pain.

I walked to the next door but this time I could smell Xavier's faint smell around it. I entered and noticed a few framed pictures on the wall. There was one picture of him and Daniel when they were about 10. There was a family photo with everyone smiling. There was another picture with Daniel, Xavier and I standing with the lake as our background.

One picture that I won't seem to forget. It was a picture of when Xavier took me to a pack traditional ball because Daniel was sick. I was wearing a baby blue elegant gown and Xavier was wearing a black tux, I was smiling at the camera but what caught my eye was that Xavier was staring down at me with the biggest smile ever.

*flashback*

We danced around the room gracefully with my left hand in his hand and my right hand on his shoulder. He clutched my waist tightly as if scared I would leave him. He led me around the ballroom while we both enjoyed each other's company.

"Thank you Xavier for coming with me last minute, it means a lot to me." I smiled up at him.

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled down at me.

"Shit happens, I'm just glad I got to go with you."

"We're you even going to go?" I asked curiously.

"Nah I don't really like dances but for you I was willing to go."

"Awe isn't that sweet, I feel special." I giggled.

"You are special."

I placed my head against his chest since he was taller than me and enjoyed the moment with one of my favorite people.

"You don't know how special you are to me." He muttered to himself.

*flashback over*

"Ahhh!" Rosalina screamed in my arms.

I looked down at her and began rocking her so she could calm down. I smiled down at her as she looked up at me with her big blue eyes, slightly darker than my own.

"You're mommy's little angel aren't you?" I tickled her stomach.

She smiled at me, showing me her toothless grin. She lifted her fat little arm to touch my face and I noticed a heart shaped birthmark on her right arm.

I traced it and smiled. "Now this definitely shows your special."

There was a sharp burning pain spreading throughout my back. I screamed out in pain as Nana Rosy came running into the room.

"Child what's wrong?" She asked.

I handed her Rosalina and collapsed on the bed squirming around. The pain began spreading up to my neck and I began to panic. Was Xavier injured?

She's not your daughter

I heard in my mind.

I felt anger tumbling deep in my chest. Usually I wasn't able to feel this much pain because I wasn't as strong as an Alpha and it took a lot to feel Xavier's emotions and pain.

I just want to be in his arms right now, I want him safe with his family.

At that moment I blacked out.