Chapter 28

Dozens of stars zoomed past as Xavier continued to drive us to this unknown destination. We were hand in hand while he rubbed circles into the back of my hand with his thumb, calming me with his touch.

The butterflies in my stomach were fluttering around viciously, my heart was beating rapidly in my chest, threatening to burst out.

"Oh my gosh Xavier where are we going?" I asked excitedly. He took a quick glance at me and chuckled.

"Patience love, we are almost there." He flashed a grin.

Finally we pulled up to a building with a sign that said Rooftop. Xavier quickly got out to open my door and take my hand. I blushed and smiled at his sweetness. We walked inside and noticed that it was a restaurant. We walked up to the hostess and when she saw us she smiled.

"Hello Xavier, you're right on time. You know where to go." She winked at Xavier.

I felt a small surge of jealousy flow through my body as Xavier led me away. We entered the elevator and Xavier chuckled at me.

"What's so funny?" I glared.

"Love, Cynthia is a human who is married and has two children. She has a werewolf mate and isn't checking for me. If she was it shouldn't matter to you because my wolf and I belong to you and you only." He walked up to me and placed his hands on my waist.

I blushed and looked down since I didn't have my hair to hide my embarrassment.

He placed his fingers on my chin and lifted my head up so I was staring at him. His grey eyes now seemed to sparkle, something I haven't seen in a long time.

The elevator door opened and I noticed that we were on the rooftop. I stepped out and looked at the sight in front of me. The entire town was lit up with beautiful lights and the stars shined down on us, casting a glow on the rooftop.

I felt Xavier grab my hand lead me to any empty table. We sat down hand in hand as I admired the sky.

"I rented out the entire rooftop just for us." I heard him say.

I looked at him with awe as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"This is so beautiful." I whispered as I looked back at the lit up town. Cars zoomed in the streets, buildings lit up, people walked and talked with each other without a care in the world.

"You look so amazed at the world, like you're staring at it for the first time." I heard Xavier say.

"After two painful years, I feel like I am staring at the world for the first time again. I feel....free." I closed my eyes and sighed contently.

"I feel like my whole world is starting over now that you're in it." I heard him say.

I opened my eyes and laughed. "Do you practice these lines in the mirror or something? You always know what to say."

"Nah I'm just smooth like that." He smirked.

A waiter appeared out of the elevator with a covered dish.

"Did you already order for us?" I asked.

Xavier only smiled but didn't say a word. The waiter placed the dish down on the table and smiled.

"I will be back with your drinks but you enjoy your night." He smiled as he walked back to the elevator.

Xavier opened the lid ad I noticed one dish with creamy shrimp Alfredo and another with large medium rare steak.

I snatched the creamy Alfredo from the dish and shoved a fork full in my mouth. I love anything with shrimp in it.

"So I was right about you loving shrimp." Xavier chuckled.