Chapter 12.

We were rushing back to the pack as fast as we could. Fear bubbled in my stomach, sweat beaded my forehead. I was beyond scared. I was terrified.

Raven got a call from one of the pack members, apparently some of the members enjoyed Gabriel's way of running a pack so they broke him out of his cell and now he has escaped. I was terrified, not for myself but for my unborn child. I don't want him seeing her ever. After what he put me through, I don't my daughter to experience that.

We rushed out the escort car and raced into the pack house greeted by Jason pacing back and forth with Sharon staring at him nervously.

"He took most of our powerful warriors, they just ran off with him. I don't know what he's gonna plan next. He may be the worst but he is powerful." Jason said as he continued to pace.

"We can't let him attack the pack if he comes back, we are vulnerable and I can't let that happen." Raven said angrily.

I would have been concerned with the problem that Gabriel escaped but I was more so concerned with painful cramping happening in my lower abdomen.

I sat down on the couch as the cramping became worse, I closed my eyes tight as the pain wouldn't go away.

"Felicity what's wrong?" Raven asked me with concern laced in her voice.

"I don't know I'm having really bad stomach pains." I cried out as it worsened.

Sharon and Raven went to help me up off the couch.

"Come on let's take you to the room to lay down." Raven said calmly.

"No, she needs a hospital! I think her water just broke." Sharon said shocked.

I looked down at the couch and noticed a wet spot where I was sitting.

I was in labor.

~•~•~•~•~•~•

I screamed as the pain increased when the pack doctor told me to push. I gripped onto Raven's hand. I was in the hospital for almost an hour and nothing was happening until now.

"Come on Ms. Blackwood just a few more strong pushes!" The doctor said.

I pushed as hard as I could. I was sweating profusely and in pain. No matter what creature you are, human, werewolf, vampire, faerie, child birth hurts no matter what.

"One more good push Beta." The doctor said.

I pushed as hard as I could until I heard little cries filling the room. I panted and laughed at the same time as the nursed rushed over to clean the baby.

"I'm an aunt!" Raven said as she grabbed her swelling hand.

"And I think you broke a finger." She muttered.

The nurse smiled and brought over my child.

"It's a healthy baby girl." I smiled from ear to ear as I looked down at my baby.

She was very pale, I'm surprised she wasn't transparent, she had little strands of what seemed like blonde hair like her father.

She was staring up at with with a blank expression on her face.

"Felicity, the nurse has to take the baby so you can get cleaned up." Raven said as she walked over.

"Who cut the cord?" I asked. I wasn't paying attention, I was too much crying and laughing all at the same time.

"I did." Raven said as she looked nauseous.

"That's nice of you, even though you aren't the father." I smiled weakly as sleep began to overtake my body.

The nurse came to scoop up my baby as my eyes drooped and finally sleep took over.

"Wake up!!!" I heard a scream.

I bolted up but felt small pain in my lower abdomen. I ignored it and looked around for my child and noticed Raven holding her.

"Sorry but you forgot to name her." Raven smirked.

I sighed and laid back in the hospital bed.

"I'm not very good at baby names, I wasn't one of those girls that obsessed with baby names when I was younger." I said.

"Well she looks like a Rosalina." She smiled down at the baby.

"Rosalina Faye Blackwood." I said proudly.

Raven looked up at me with a smirk.

"I think you might of been listening to those girls obsessing over baby names." She laughed as I rolled my eyes.

~•~•~•~•

The pack doctor let me out a few days later, bringing my bundle of joy to the pack house.

"Aww look at her she is so adorable! Jason I want pups." Sharon pouted.

Jason laughed and walked up to her as he held her waist and kisses her cheek. He whispered something into her ear that made her turn red and turn around to hide in his chest.

I sighed. I wish I could do that with my mate, feel his hands wrap around my waist as I press into his chest, surrounded by his calming, relaxing smell. But my situation is different. We crave for each other's company but we've made mistakes we can't take back.

Rosalina began crying in my arms so I began walking towards my room trying to calm her down. When I reached the room I laid down on my back with Rosalina laying down on my head as I caressed her head.

She balled her little fist up and kicked her legs continuously as I stroked her head, this felt right, well almost right. Me laying down in bed with a healthy child, all I needed was someone who loved me laying right next to me whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

I secured a blue blanket in the middle of the bed for Rosalina so she could lay down. I placed her on the bed as she continuously smacked at my face with her tiny fist.

I laid down next to her and wrapped a arm around her to make sure she was secure. I soon felt myself drifting off into blissful dreams as Rosalina tried picking up her head.

I woke up to a boom sound that came from outside that Rosalina start to cry. Sharon rushed into my room with fear in her eyes.

"Felicity I don't know what's happening, I think we are under attack, a bunch of wolves killed our patrol and are invading." Sharon said with fear laced in her tone.

I picked up Rosalina and handed Sharon the blanket as I placed Rosalina in the blanket. She began wailing and crying as she left the comfort of my arms and it saddened me.

"Please protect my daughter, I will be back to come get her." Sharon nodded and I ran out the door.

As much as I wanted to protect my child at all cost, I was also the Beta of this pack and I need to protect it.

I ran outside and noticed women and children running around screaming, some getting ripped to shreds and wolves everywhere.

'Raven my wolf, please give me strength to protect my daughter.' I asked my wolf.

I heard her snapping and growling and felt my bows shifting and arranging. It wasn't as painful as my first shift but it still stung. Midnight black fur began sprouting out and I got down on all fours.

I looked down at myself and noticed a had grey paws that made it look like I had little socks on.

Cute.

Just as I was admiring my wolf, something hard slammed into my side causing me to fall down. I whimpered and looked up to see a grey wolf snapping at me.

The fight has begun.

_______________________