Chapter 26.

Xavier's POV

I tried to control my breathing as my grandfather driving dangerously fast on the rode to get to the pack.

How dare that son of a bitch attack my pack for something that isn't his. I will give him a slow and painful death. I will remind him what he put my Anaïs through and he will pay.

"Xavier calm down." Ryder said.

I continued with controlling my breathing, my wolf and I knew that we couldn't shift just yet or we would re open the wounds on my back which would make me vulnerable.

But taking those lashes was worth it.

"Xavier, who is after your pack?" Ryder asked.

"Alpha Gabriel, he is a Alpha with no mercy, cold and ruthless, he beat and raped women until he was beat into submission by his sister. Then he escaped." I explained.

"What does that have to do with the pack?" He asked curiously.

"He beat and raped my mate, he got her pregnant with Rosalina and he wants them back for some reason." I growled.

Just the thought of him putting his hands on her made me sick and angry.

"How dare he put his hands on a woman like that." I heard my grandfather growl.

He slammed on the brakes as a wolf was thrown in front of the car. We shot out the car and noticed the wolf was thrown by a rogue.

They are fighting right near human civilization.

"Xavier go to the pack house!" Ryder yelled as the rogue turned his attention towards us. Grandpa Ryder growled and quickly shifted into this giant grey wolf. I noticed the distant fear in the rogues eyes as he stared at Grandpa, he was pretty intimidating since his wolf looked different because he was from Italy.

My families wolves are slightly different because of our origins. On my father's side of the family, we are from Italy so we have slightly longer snouts, longer canines, bigger in size and longer legs. On my mother side Brazil, they have shorter legs, longer bushy tails and pointy ears.

I dashed through the forest trying to get to the pack house and ignoring the pain in my back and scar on my face that was opening up slowly from my sudden movement.

As I approached the pack house, I noticed a dozen wolves outside fighting including, my mother, Chris, Anaïs mother, and who I assume is Raven because she is almost as big as me. I ran into the house and notice my father, the Beta (Anaïs father) and some warriors gathered around in the kitchen. Some warriors were leading some children and women down into the safe house.

"Xavier!" I heard someone roar my name. I look over to see my father staring at me with midnight black eyes as if angry with me.

"What is the meaning of this?! They came here and began attacking our border patrols! This better not have something to do with your mutt because if so I will-"

I quickly walked over and pinned him against the wall by his neck. Rage pulsing through my veins. I felt nothing but hate towards my father. How dare he disrespect my mate right in front of me.

"Don't you fucking dare talk about her like that! She has done nothing wrong but you continue to treat her like shit. You're no father of mine." I spat as I let him go.

I looked around the room and noticed shocked faces including my father. I don't care if I hurt him. He was blind, blinded by hate, something I suffered with not too long ago.

"Why is my mother outside fighting?" I asked.

"Your mother is a fighter, you know she doesn't like to sit back and watch while her pack members put their lives on the line." He said quietly.

He slowly looked out the window and growled loudly. He quickly ran out the house and shifted into his giant dark brown wolf. I noticed mom was getting pinned down by a giant wolf who looked familiar but I couldn't figure out who it was.

"Alpha sir what do we do?" A warrior asked me.

"Go around the perimeter and fight off any enemies around there, scare them off so no more can enter the territory." I yelled as I ran out the house.

I looked around and noticed now that the giant wolf that pinned down my mother had now pinned down Raven. They were similar wolves. Both honey light brown and both were big.

Gabriel.

He slammed his paw into her throat but she snapped at it causing him to growl and snap at her neck. I didn't think, all I thought about was Anaïs, I couldn't bare have anyone else close to her die and I just watch.

But what about us? Our wounds are not healed. My wolf told me.

We are strong, we can do it.

I shifted painfully into my giant black wolf as I felt the wounds on my back opening from the stretching of my skin. I flinched but quickly rushed over and head butted Gabriel in the stomach causing him to fly.

Chris quickly ran over and whined as he licked Raven's neck as if telling her it will be okay.

I felt something claw at my face. I growled and looked up to see Gabriel in an attack stance. I ran at him as he did the same and I caught his neck in my tight grip. He kicked me in the face causing me to fall back. I shook off the pain and growled at him as we circled each other. All fighting around us stopped and they all watched the alphas battle each other. Agony was surging through my veins due to my wounds but I didn't care, I wanted him dead. Just as Gabriel jumped at me, Raven head butted him causing him to fall over.

He fell on the ground and shifted so I shifted with him. I felt blood trickling down my back and on my face but I tried to ignore the stinging pain.

He smirked up at me as he spat his blood at me.

"Why are you protecting the bastard child and that whore? She betrayed you, she fucked someone else and got pregnant with someone else's child." He laughed, his cold dark eyes staring at me.

"You forced her to! I don't want to hear that bullshit, why do you want them back?" I spat.

"I need Anaïs back, she's so easy to manipulate and use. I need someone to take my place, I want my daughter to-"

"She's not your daughter!" Anger pulsing through me, I was on the verge of shifting again and tearing him limb from limb.

"Lock him in the dungeon! I'll give Anaïs the chance to deal with him." I said angrily.

All of Gabriel's followers shifted and ran into the forest, realizing their Alpha was beat.

"Track down all those wolves and kill them." I growled.

I quickly walked into the pack house and put on a pair of shorts. I walked down toward the pack hospital as nurses and doctors bowed their heads and looked at me with concern.

"I need bandages on these wounds now!" I growled.

The nurse quickly nodded and lead me to a empty room.

I needed to hurry up and get to Anaïs to make sure she is okay.