Chapter 21.

Wolfsbane is an actual plant if you didn't know, there are different species and most of them are poisonous

He cried out in pain as two pack members lifted him up and carried him towards the pack hospital. Blood and sweat trickled onto the ground from his scars as we walked through the hospital. A nurse ran up to us and guided us to a hospital room to place Xavier.

"Place the Alpha on his stomach in this room." She instructed.

They carefully placed him on the bed laying on his stomach. He grunted in pain as tears streamed down his face. I bent down to capture his tears in a kiss. His muscles relaxed a little but we're still tense from the pain in his back.

"I'm sorry but everyone must exit this room while we help." The nurse began pushing us out the room as other nurses and doctors rushed in.

"Wait wait, she has to stay, she is his mate." Chris argued.

The nurse pushed me back into the room and closed the door on everyone else. I sat down in a chair opposite of Xavier and tried to stay calm but I couldn't.

"Nurse you need to clean the wounds before they become infected." The doctor said as he began putting on latex gloves.

The nurse grabbed a bottle of what seemed like alcohol or peroxide and began pouring it onto his back. The moment it touched his scars, Xavier yelled out in pain as he began squirming in the bed. The other nurses came to hold him down as the other tried to clean up his back.

She quickly went to grab gauze as she began placing it onto his back and applying pressure on different parts.

Xavier yelled out again but this time he yelled for me. I needed to touch him, to comfort him, to be there for him. I immediately got up and began walking towards him but the nurse stopped me.

"I know the mate bond is pulling you to comfort him but you have to remain in your seat until we are done." She demanded.

I quietly sat back in my seat as I began tapping my foot on the floor, anxious.

"Dr. Welshman his mouth is bleeding." I heard a nurse say.

I shot up and noticed blood dripping onto the floor from his mouth.

"Well what happened?" The doctor barked.

"He bit down onto his tongue from the pain." She said as she began caring to the gash on the right side of his face.

My heart felt as though it was going to pound right out of my chest. My wolf was howling in my mind, trying to get a response from her mate but we heard none.

He looked in pain, he looked vulnerable and it was just too much to bare.

"Madam we need you to come over here and talk to your mate, he's slipping." The nurse ordered.

The moment she said slipping I shot up and ran straight towards Xavier. I knelt down on my knees and grabbed his hair as I raked my fingers through his hair.

"Xavier, baby please listen to me, you're going to be fine just stay with me, I know it hurts and you want to sleep but don't go to sleep yet just not yet." I said as tears spilled down my face. I told myself I wasn't going to cry but I can't hold it in.

He looked up at me with droopy eyes and a bloody mouth.

"I'd rather be in this position right now than to have watched you on that stage getting lashed, watching the pain in your eyes as the whip marked your skin. It would be unbearable." He said slowly and quietly.