Chapter 11.

"Thank you Alpha's of the northern region." Announced Council member Edward, one of the oldest known wolves in our region.

"I would like to announce the fall of Alpha Gabriel, his ignorance, temper and rage will no longer affect our packs thanks to Alpha Gabriella Aquila of the Blood shed pack." Everyone in the room clapped as Raven stood up and bowed.

"And who may this young lady next to you be?" Edward asked.

It seemed as though time froze when his eyes landed on me. I knew he was trying to avoid eye contact but he was having internal conflict. his grey eyes landed upon my blue ones sending mixed emotions my way.

"This is Felicity Blackwood, Beta of the Bloodshed pack." Raven announced nervously.

It would of been considered a disrespect if I hadn't gotten up to introduce myself, the table was hiding my pregnancy but I could hide it no longer.

I slowly stood up and watched as Xavier's eyes darted toward my round belly. Anger flashed in his eyes as he balled his hands into a fist, breathing heavily. I looked down in shame.

"Ah Ms. Blackwood, how far along are you?" Edward asked.

He was making matters worse with this question. My brother Chris was staring at me with guilt in his eyes, Stacy was whispering things in Xavier's ear to calm him down but it wasn't working.

"Five months." I whispered.

At that moment Xavier got up from the table and left the room.

"He went to go get some fresh air, he's sorry for the rudeness." Stacy quickly said.

I noticed on her neck, Xavier's mark, it stood big and proud on her neck but it shouldn't be there, it should be with me.

I sat back down with my head hanging low, oblivious to the meeting going on. I was just too lost in my thoughts until I heard the words.

"Gabriel will be sentenced to execution for his crimes in his pack, creating war and his ignorance."

So I was right, Gabriel would die before he ever saw his child. I want to be there when it happens, to look him in the eyes and watch the light fade from his eyes. I am the one who survives and he is the one who dies.

"Felicity?" I looked up to see Raven staring at me curiously.

"Huh?"

"I asked were you related to the Beta Blackwoods of the Bloodrose Woodland Pack?" Edward asked.

I thought about that for a moment. Do I really want to be considered their daughter after all they've done to me?

I looked up at my brother who was looking at me with pleading eyes. The same eyes that looked at me with anger, the same eyes that watched and were entertained by my beatings.

"No, I have no relation to them whatsoever." I said firmly.

I watched as Chris's head hung down low at my words. He should be ashamed. No matter how guilty he feels or how sorry he is, I can never trust him.

"Felicity I need to talk to you." Raven whispered in my ear.

"Not now." I shrugged her off.

"It's very important." She sounded concerned.

I was dealing with my own problems but I didn't want to leave my friend hanging, her problem was my problem.

"What?"

"I found my mate."

At that moment the words were ringing in my ear and I smiled. I was happy for her, she could finally be happy with someone and not have to worry about Gabriel killing them.