Chapter 33.

"Do you think we could take a walk?" Victoria asked as she looked up at me.

I smiled and stood up.

"Sure if it makes you feel better." She took my hand and we headed outside. Victoria held on tight as we walked around, cool breeze blowing in our hair.

I began getting lost in thought as we continued our walk with the stars above us guiding the way. I looked down at the promise ring on my hand and smiled.

Xavier loved me and I loved him. I wonder what would've happened if Xavier told me his feelings sooner. I always ask this question but my entire world was surrounded by what ifs.

"Felicity look," I heard Victoria say.

I looked up to see us in the same stop I've been dreading all these years; The place Daniel and I used to go to all the time, the place where his last breath was taken.

"Is there a problem?" Victoria asked as she looked at me.

"No, no, we can sit down by the lake side and just enjoy the view." I smiled sadly.

She nodded her head and sat down. We sat there in silence, staring up at the moon in all its glory.

"We used to come down here all the time," Victoria broke the silence.

"This is a special place for a lot of people." I sighed.

"We would sit by the grass and just talk about our day like we didn't have a care in the world," She said as she brought her knees up to her face and drew circles in the dirt.

"Are you talking about Trevor?" I asked.

She didn't say anything; she just continued drawing circles.

"I had my first kiss here, it was my first but not his, he had it with someone else but he said it was an accident," She continued.

Something told me she wasn't talking about Trevor and she was getting really personal. I didn't know whether to continue listen or to zone out into my own world.

"He told me he loved me and that I meant the world to him but I guess that was all a lie because he rejected me soon after," She sighed.

"I thought you said you never found your mate?" I questioned.

"That was just a cover up, I found my mate and he rejected me after we mated but he was too young to mark. He just.....rejected me." She began crying heavily as she buried her face in her knees, releasing a wailing noise.

I scooted over to her and wrapped my arms around her. Immediately she jumped back and in a second I felt something sink deep into my hip, burning the skins around it.

I looked down at the wound now staining red and then back at Victoria who was staring at me with an angry expression.

"How does it feel Felicity? That pain doesn't even compare to what it felt like when I was rejected," Victoria hissed.

This was a whole different side of her; she was cold, angry and vengeful for something.

"What are you talking about?" I gasped out as I clutched onto the silver knife that was burning into my hip.

"You're so fucking clueless. Remember when Daniel confessed to you that he cheated on you with someone else? Figure out who that someone was?" She said as she gestured to herself.

"What does any of this have to do with you?!" I screamed.

"He was my fucking mate!! I turned eighteen and he was sixteen. My wolf sensed that he was my mate and Alphas have strong senses so he knew I was his, he tried ignoring me at first but he couldn't deny his inner emotions for me. We fell for each other, we spent nights together on this very beach and sometimes in this very cabin. I was so happy with life until he rejected me for you, he said I couldn't be his mate and that he loved you too much to let you go." She began balling.

"I'm sorry, if-"

"DON'T GIVE ME ANY BULLSHIT! You were so fucking oblivious to everything! I was so angry, I wanted you dead but I knew if I killed you he would know it was me so I decided if I can't have him no one can. I asked Sidney to help me who was willing to do anything for me. You being blamed for his death was the best thing that ever happened until you came back and Xavier decided to apologize. You don't deserve a happy ending! You don't deserve shit after the things you put everyone through!" A grey wolf emerged from the bushes growling as it noticed me.

"Calm down Sidney, you'll get what you want soon." Victoria said to the wolf.

"What happened to you, I thought you were a sweet and shy girl?" I asked.

"I was, until I met Daniel, until I got my heart broken and until I figured out he would rather have you than his true mate. Love does crazy things to you. Oh but when you see Daniel tell him I said fuck you." She smirked as she turned and nodded to the wolf.

It snarled and came charging at me before my eyes. I tried crawling away but it snapped at my shoulder which caused me to scream and fall backwards, I covered my face and tried pushing it away but it began snapping at my neck. Color was beginning to leave my face and I was feeling colder and colder.

Sidney was suddenly head butted out of the way by a giant black wolf who looked as though he wanted to kill. He growled at the grey wolf who tried hard to disobey but instead gave in and bowed his head, Xavier took this advantage and attacked Sidney, biting deep into his neck until he was still.

"Fuck you Xavier! You weren't supposed to ask for forgiveness, you were supposed to let her rot! You should've known something was happening once Stacy killed herself and Trevor began hating you!" Victoria screamed.

Xavier growled, his eyes pitch black as he began walking toward Victoria who was backing away in fear. Everything began getting blurry and I noticed a puddle of blood surrounding me as Victoria screamed when Xavier launched at her. I looked up at the sky, full of stars and looked at each one that twinkled, it seemed so beautiful.

"Felicity stay with me!" I heard distant yelling.

I looked over to see Xavier in human form kneeling in blood with fear all over his face. Yet he sounded so distant.

"Xavier I'm sorry." A single tear escaped my eye as Xavier held on to my bloody hand with my promise ring on it.

"Felicity you don't have to be sorry for anything, it isn't your fault just please don't leave me." He tried hard to keep the tears in but ended up letting them escape.

"I don't know, I feel so numb, everything is becoming distance," I said quietly.

"No, no Felicity please, we just got our shit together, you can't leave me now, I'll be nothing without you, I'll have nothing, you were my everything and I'll have nothing. Please," Xavier cried out.

"Xavier I want to stay I really do, I love you, " I held onto his hand.

"I love you too, just please.....stay."