Chapter 1: I Meet Mr. Arrowman

♔Cayden
Written: 9/1/15

  "Hi-Yah!" I yell as I attacked a black haired guy. As I threw a punch the guy blocked it and started to twist my arm around my back. I quickly scampered out of his reach as I flipped him over on his stomach. I felt the sweat dripped down me as I pinned his arm behind his back as he started to laugh.

  "I can never beat you, Cayden!" He chucked as I helped him up. I laughed as I told him

  "You can too, Grayson!" Grayson laughed as I jokingly pouted.

  "Alright, I guess I can!" As we took off our training equipment and stowed  them away, I looked at my childhood friend. He definitely changed from his past self, a giggling black haired boy ready to scheme away. Now he was more mature, more challenging and definitely hotter!

  'Geez, Cayden! Get a grip!! He's your FRIEND, not your boyfriend' I thought. As if he knew what I was thinking he turned and smiled at me. 'Oh my god! His eyes!!' I thought as I smiled back at him. His beautiful blue eyes catch my bright green eyes. 'Shit no!! He's your friend. Not your "soulmate"!'

He chuckled while I fumbled with my zipper to my bag. Suddenly his ringtone of My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up) by Fall Out Boy pierces the silence. He turns away from me as he answers his phone.

  I finish putting away my equipment, I eavesdrop on his conversation. Grayson had an angry expression on his face as he talked to the person on the other end of the line.

  "What?!" He said with a disgusted facial expression. He paused as he listened to the answer.

  He sighed as he replied, "Alright. I'll be in soon. Goodbye." When he hangs up, I walk over to him with my bag slung over my shoulder.

  "What was that all about?" I ask him as he hurriedly packs his equipment away.

  He groans, "It was my boss. One of my co-workers "forgot" about a project they had to complete so I'm stuck with it."

  "I'm sorry" I say in a joking tone. "Is wittle graybay baby too overworked?" I laughed as he smiled at me.

"No, it's just that I have to go into the office. That means I can't walk you to your apartment." He says disappointingly. I place my hand on him arm as he slings his gym bag over his shoulder.

  "It's fine. Just go to work and get the job done!" I say in a stern voice as I chuckle. He laughs as he grabs my hand.

  My stomach erupts with butterflies as his warm hand touches mine. I blush and turn away hoping that he didn't see me. He had changed so much since I had first met him. For better or for worse.

  As we walked out of the gym I held his hand. His hand was warm and soft. He gentle squeezed it. I squeezed back smiling at him. We had been friends since 5th grade. I remember comforting each other in times of trouble and helping each other through tough times. He was my one friend I could trust. Actually, was my only friend.

We walked outside into the warm sunshine while I thought of all the memories. He turned towards me.

Grayson told me sadly "I have to go now, Cayden." I sigh.

"I'll miss you. Don't forget to call me!" I say as I give him a hug. As he hugs me I can feel his body pressing against mine. I mentally sigh in delight as we hug. The feeling was so comforting. It sends me back to my memories of crying together. Hugging together. Celebrating together.

He pulls away and starts to walk away. I bite my lip. I wish it never had to end. I wish we could stay interlocked for life.

He waves at me as he starts off towards in a different direction than me. As I walk towards my apartment I hook up my iPhone and listen to Fall Out Boy's Thnks Fr Th Mmrs (Thanks For The Memories). I think about all the memories I had made with Grayson over the years.
I let out a long sigh. Grayson calls it my "thinking sigh". He was a great friend, but should I be falling for him? I mean he's so sweet, but if I do fall in love, will it jeopardize out relationship as friends?

Suddenly a crowd of people rushes towards me. I'm pushed backwards by the force of the crowd and I take my earbuds out. I hear them yelling, screaming and crying. As fear grips my heart I hear them say one particular thing........"They are coming!"
As I fight my way towards my apartment I'm pushed into the street almost being trampled my the surge of people. My heart is racing a million miles a minute thinking of all the bad things that could have happened. Was it the zombie apocalypse? 'God, what could be so bad?' I scoff.

I hear a screech behind me, I see a weird mutant creature about 10 yards away from me. 'OH SHIT!' I think as the creature charges me. I drop my bag as it advances. I quickly assume my fighting stance as it screams at me. It takes a swipe at me but I easily avoid it. I turn and kick the creature behind his knees. Or at least what I think is his knees. It cries out in pain as it falls to the ground. I quickly turn and bang his head against the cement. As I hear a satisfying crunch of bones,  I am lifted off my feet and flung high into the sky. I look back in time to see another creature standing over his friend. As the ground get closer I think 'Shit this is going to hurt!' I get ready for impact while I flail around.

Thump! Instead of landing hard on the ground I feel something a bit softer but not by much. As I look up I see a man with light brown hair staring at me with a look of concern in his eyes. 'Oh ma gawd' I think 'he is so handsome!' I look down I see he has caught me in his arms. I blush and quickly slip out of his arms, embarrassed that he had to catch me.

As I study him I see he wears an unusual outfit. A black and purple leather vest, little strips of leather around his arms, black jeans, combat boots and....a bow and a quiver of arrows? I notice a symbol of a bird of sorts on his vest. (picture at the top. Bottom right)

  "Are you ok, babe?" He asks in a genuinely concerned tone.

  "Y-y-yes." I reply with a stutter. "W-w-what where those.........those things?"
I mentally facepalm. I never stutter! What is going on? It takes me a moment to realize he called me babe. 'Not a playboy!' I mentally groan. A scream is heard as the Chitauri that threw me comes running up to me. Frozen in shock, all I can do is stand in the same spot, gazing into the Chitauri's eyes.

Handsome takes his bow and pegs the Chitauri just as it was about to kill me.

"They are Chitauri, aliens from another world." He answers. "Leave now beautiful. Get out of danger.  Go to a safe spot. There might be one at the train station." He tells me. I just look at him with my mouth hanging open as he jogs away.

"Wait!" I call. "What's your name?" "You don't need to know babe." He replies flirtatiously. "Just know we will meet again someday."
  'What a romantic playboy. No one is worse than that.' I think as I laugh.

I watch him as he runs to join a group of people. A man wearing a red, white and blue uniform, a women dressed in all black, another man in silver armor and a red cape, someone in a red metal suit and a big green.........man in tattered black pants. The man wearing the patriotic uniforms motions the man who saved me. As I watch he shakes his head and points to me resulting in his friends look at me. I blush and turn away, running towards the train station all the while thinking of Mr. Arrowman
___________________________

Hi pplz!

So this is my first fan fiction so it really crappy. Ughhhh. So please don't judge but if u see a mistake please comment what's wrong cuz I need to fix it.
That's all for now

STAY WEIRD!

~xXWeasleyGirlXx