Chapter 12: Squabbles and Secrets

Clint
Written: 10/25/15

  "Goodnight, Cayden. I will protect you with my life. You can trust me." I whisper to her quietly, slipping out the door. While I close the door, I let a low, long sigh while I walk down the hall, letting my feet take over in an autopilot. Poor, Cayden. My heart was breaking for her. Her life would make a normal person crumble under the pressure. That goes to show that she's strong, but when she is conflicted with someone or something from the dark past, she cracks like any other human. It proves she's not a heartless killer, unlike her case files which run crimson with the blood of yesterday.

My thoughts are abruptly ended when a snarky voice sasses, "Well, well, well, Legolas. You sure got cozy in there." I look up to see that my feet took me to a conference room with the rest of my team. They were staring at me with concerned expressions written across their faces......well, except for Tony. His signature smirk was plastered on his face, a bottle of Vodka in his hand.

'How the hell did he get a Vodka on here?'  I question with annoyance at Tony's need for booze. I shake off the random thought as I glare at Tony and merely flip him off, hidden anger bubbling up inside of me. He won't insult what just happened. Wait........how did he know what happened.

"How did you know what happened?" I asked my voice full of venom, failing to conceal my fury. Nick merely looks away, hurriedly checking his phone for a text message. I glare at Steve suddenly engrossed in a deep conversation with Bruce. Natasha merely rolls her eyes at Tony and shakes her head.

  "Great going, Neville. Maybe I should cast a spell to glue your legs together?" Natasha sighs at Tony's ignorance. I'm literally shaking right now about to explode on everyone in this room. If I was a werewolf, I'd already phased and killed everyone here. Trust me, it won't be pretty when I explode.

I take deep breaths to try and calm myself while Tony remarks, "So, what's all this stuff about Jacques?" That's it. I'm done. That damn straw that broke the camel's back.

"TONY FUCKING STARK!" I explode, making everyone shrink away from me. "NONE OF YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HEAR THAT! What happened to not listening?! NICK! I thought you would trust me but your niece no less! NATASHA! You freaking know what happened in my past. You don't need to know her past! BRUCE! You knew her background was fragile. I thought you wanted to help her, not to hinder her! STEVE! Mr. America, America's role model. If only they knew how you could break a girl!!" I whirled around to face Tony, sneering, "Tony Stark, I don't even have words for you. You're despicable and such an egotistical douche bag!" I glare across the room, my fellow teammates looking embarrassed, confused and angry. I can't stand all the lying shit they did, so I storm outside the room. Some fresh air should clear my mind.
___________________________
Steve

While Clint stomped out of the room, an uncomfortable silence fills the room, each of us lost in our own thoughts.

'Steve, why?' I yelled, condemning at myself with harsh words. She won't trust us now that she knows we listened on. She also shouldn't have to carry the weight of all her past. She needs to trust someone, but as of now, I don't think I'm the wisest contestant. I groan and hold my head in my hands, worrying more than an OCD person trying to play Jenga. (A/N-Trust me, it's hard. I don't advise playing with one, unlike me, choosing to do it anyway. Please don't be offended is you have OCD. I haven't been diagnosed, but I think I'm OCD.)

This silence continues for quite a while, until I look up at the other teammates to see them in the same position as me. Worried as heck about themselves and Cayden. I start to rise as the conference room door is thrown open by Clint. I gulp, ready for an annoying lecture on kindness and other things. Surprisingly, Clint merely walks calmly over to the table and sits down. Unless you know Clint well, you wouldn't be able to realize his underlying rage.