Chapter 14: Lab Time!

Cayden
Written: 11/26/15

"No, Bruce! It's 3.141592653589793! You've got it all wrong!" I chuckled as we jokingly debate about pi's many digits. He chuckles along with me, shooting back,

"3.141592653589792! It's two not three!"

  "Mathematicians clearly state that pi is 3.141592653589793!"

  "Don't forget the two!"

  "It's three!"

  "Two!"

  I couldn't take it anymore. I burst into laughter, reverberating around the room. He started to chuckle then burst into my infectious laughter. Soon we were bent double, laughing our asses off.

  Oh lord. This is the most I've laughed in........forever. What's happening?

  I take a few deep breaths and relax, giggles still bubbling up from time to time.

"Oh boy. I don't know what just happened." I giggle to Bruce. He smiles at me as he pushes his glasses up his nose.

"I think we're just two brilliant scientists who have met their matches."

  "I'm no scientist." I blush and look away, staring at the tools on his lab table.

  Awwww he thinks I'm a scientist. It was just pi..........and a few other problems.

  We had been arguing for 30 minutes about many scientific issues. Super serums, algorithms, equations and pi. It was very entertaining, allowing me to brush up on my knowledge.

"You sure?" Bruce's eyebrows raise in surprise. "You think like a scientist. You should consider becoming one. Your ideas could change the world."

  I blush again and embarrassingly reply, "Awww thanks, Bruce, but I don't think I'm ready for that. I love working with you though."

  His eyes light up and he breaks into a grin. "You're welcome in my lab anytime, Cayden."

  I grin, the thought of having access to all of the equipment. "Thanks again, Bruce."

  "Hey, it's no problem." He blushes and twiddles his thumbs before asking me, "What job do you have?"

  "What?" I was caught off guard and wasn't ready for this question.

  At least this time I can say I'm not working for a gang.........or that I'm not an assassin working with Deadshot. I really miss you Floyd.

  "You know, like where did you work before we, um, invited you here." He mutters, his cheeks turning a bright red color. I snort at the irony of his statement.

  Invited? More like forcefully taken.

  I brush my thoughts aside as I tell him, "I'm a part time personal trainer, but my full time job is a dance teach......." I trail off, as I think about my students and clients. "Bruce! I have people I have to train! Students I have to teach! I have to tell Fury either to stop them or find someone else before they get suspicious." I start to panic and rush out the door, Bruce hot on my heals. I'm almost halfway down the long hallway before Bruce calls,