Chapter 19

"Rose, get up! Breakfast is ready."

I groaned out loud when the warmth of my sheets were suddenly ripped from my body, exposing my limbs to the cold.

Wrenched my eyes open, I almost groaned again when I felt the after-effects of my drinking binge last night. The back of my skull was pounding with a headache, my joints ached and I had a queasy feeling running through my stomach.

"Well, you look like shit." Molly commented, flinging the blankets onto the floor.

I threw her a narrowed glare as I slowly sat up in my bed. I was about to throw an insult back but was suddenly hit with a sharp pang of pain in my forehead, and with another moan, I dropped back down onto the mattress.

"I had way too much to drink last night." I muttered, shutting my eyes against the harsh light.

"Yeah." Molly chuckled, and I cracked open an eyelid to find her moving towards the cupboard on the far side of the room. "That may have been my fault."

She slipped a sweater on over her pyjamas before turning to look at me. Her eyes moved down my body before meeting mine again. She smirked.

"So what exactly went down last night?"

I frowned. "Nothing. What are you talking about?"

Molly rolled her eyes. "What I'm talking about is did you and Mason hook up last night?"

My eyes widened and I shot a panicked look at the open door, of which the other's voices were floating through.

"Molly!" I exclaimed in a hushed whisper. "You said that so loudly. And no, of course not."

She raised a skeptical eyebrow. "You're wearing his jumper."

I looked at Molly for a brief second before glancing down at myself. I did a double-take. I was wearing Mason's hoodie. His black one. The one I'd worn on the plane.

Underneath it was the black dress I'd worn last night, and glancing over the bed, I noticed the heels I'd worn sitting neatly on the floor.

I bit my lip as the memories of last night suddenly rushed through me, particularly the ones involving Mason. He had carried me home last night. And tucked me in. And given me his sweater. For no reason at all, my cheeks warmed at the knowledge, and I placed a palm against my face.

"You're blushing."

"No I'm not."

"Your cheeks are positively red."

"It's called an alcohol-flush. I'm hungover."

Molly broke out into a full-on grin then.

"I knew it!" she exclaimed loudly, with dancing eyes. "You guys totally hooked up!"

"Molly shut up!" I hissed, fearing that the others - Mason- would hear.

Suddenly a person entered the room. It was a topless JT, wearing a pair of sweatpants and inquisitive eyes.

"Who the bloody hell hooked up with who?"

I opened my mouth to quickly correct him.

"No-one! Molly is just-"

JT's eyes dropped to my body, more in particular my clothing, and his eyes shot up to mine again.

"Isn't that Mason's?"

God.

"Yes, it is but-"

"Oh my God!" JT burst out, a big grin growing on his face. "You and Mason. How did I not pick up on that? I'm an idiot-"