Chapter 9

"I mean, what did you think they were going to do? Jump you right there and tackle you to the floor?" Mason choked on another laugh and I growled for what seemed like the tenth time in the past forty minutes.

Ever since the incident of checking through the boarding gates and me acting like a complete idiot, Mason hadn't been able to let it go, bringing it up every couple minutes. Initially after it had happened, he had laughed so loudly, choking on his own amusement, that people had thrown him looks of concern.

Eventually, I had to shut him up by physically covering his mouth and dragging him away from the gates. Only then, after a lot of threats from my side, did he calm down. However, it was obviously still on his mind owing to the sudden chuckles that would randomly escape his lips every couple of minutes.

"Mason." I snapped, shooting him a hard glare. "I swear to God if you mention it one more time-"

"You'll what Rose?" Mason challenged, a light smirk curving his lips upwards.

"I'll scream. And accuse you of sexual harrassment."

Mason raised a sceptical eyebrow before taking a step forwards in the line. He then glanced down at me. "Does everything on your mind involve sex with me?"

My jaw fell open. A few surprised looks were thrown our way at Mason's words, which hadn't been quiet, and I felt blood trickle into my cheeks.

I narrowed my eyes up at him, but Mason only smiled. Glancing at the people queuing around us, his smile slowly grew.

In a clear voice he announced, "You don't have to be ashamed, Rose. It's none of their business if you have a sex addiction-"

People's eye grew and so did my mortification.

"Mason." I hissed, punching him hard in the shoulder. I was satisfied slightly when he flinched. However, that didn't stop him. Obviously.

He turned to the people who were now discretely throwing glances our way, a good-natured grin on his face. "Life of a nymphomaniac, am I right?"

I stepped down hard onto his foot. Hard enough that a hiss escaped from Mason's mouth and he shot me a deadly look. Like I gave one fuck.

"He's kidding." I clarified through a forced laugh, knowing that my cheeks were a deep shade of red. I gave up however, when a mother subtly pulled her child away from me, throwing us a weary look.

Pissed, I turned around and shot Mason a sharp glare.

"You're such a child!" I hissed.

Mason shrugged, taking in my face with a bemused expression. "I don't think I've ever seen someone blush so much."

I turned my face away from him, and touched a hand to my cheek. He was right. My face was burning.

"You just accused me of being a sex addict." I snapped.

I then threw him a cold look. "This seems to be the second time you've embarrassed me publically in relations to sex."

At that Mason's grin faltered and I felt a surge of triumph inside. Finally, something had wiped that smug expression off of his face.

"Your boarding pass please." I turned around to face the impatient voice and I was greeted with one of the flight attendants at the desk. Somehow, without my knowledge, we had moved up along the line and were now at the front, ready to move onto the plane.

"Oh... um, sure." I muttered, scrabbling for my pass and handing it over to her. Mason was doing the same with the lady on the other side. After she took it and tore off the serrated edge, handing it back to me, I walked through the gate, joined by Mason, and we started making our way down the long rectangular tunnels.