Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Mason POV

~~~

I couldn't contain the rumble of laughter that burst through my chest when JT hastily entered the hallway, a look of fear mixed with irritation marking his features.

"Shut the hell up," he snapped, rubbing gingerly at his left cheek, which was quickly beginning to blossom into a vibrant red.

"She- she hit you?" I asked in humored disbelief, my voice coming out breathy as I tried to speak through my laughter.

"Hurt like hell too," he grumbled. "If I'd known she was packing a right hook like that I would have just done it over the phone."

I sent him a wry grin, finding the entire situation way more hilarious than I should have. "We both know your manhood wouldn't be intact if you'd left her an 'I'm breaking up with you- see you in class' text."

JT cringed at the thought and, despite myself, I laughed again.

If I had learned anything over the past couple months, it was that life had a rapid way of changing. And I wasn't even referring to Rose and I, although I couldn't deny that our relationship had drastically changed in the last couple of months.

In fact, I was talking about JT and Molly. A lot had suddenly happened in the last twenty-four hours, and I felt as though I was still trying to come up to speed with it all.

JT had given me the gist of what happened and, apparently, after Molly had left the sports field in a mood yesterday, JT went after her as soon as we had finished the tryouts. He eventually found her alone in the drama studio.

JT then kind of blurred over the details of what followed, stating that they suddenly went from fighting and Molly nearly punching him in the face, to this big, emotional confrontation in which he finally confessed his feelings for her, and she did the same.

"And then, somehow, we were making out on a makeshift stage in that crappy little studio," JT finished, a grin breaking out on his features.

He had told me all of this when he'd arrived back at the dorm last night, after I had accused him of being drunk. Honestly, I had never seen the guy so goofy and smiley before. I did rain on his parade slightly when I mentioned Chloe because, I mean c'mon, somebody had to.

But he told me he would end things with her the following morning. Apparently, he had only gone out with her in the beginning because Molly had been dating a guy called Matt— 'a complete wanker' were the words JT had used to describe him. In an attempt to get over Molly, he had gotten together with Chloe simply because she was there and interested.

However, Molly and Matt split up soon after. JT at first stayed with Chloe in an attempt to get Molly's attention, trying to see if she had feelings for him as well. But as time progressed, breaking up with Chloe became harder and harder as their relationship deepened.

"I felt like a dick, dude," JT told me, leaning against the wall while slumping on his bed. "I only dated her to get Molly and then I started going to her house and meeting the parents and suddenly I was in way too deeper. And I'm scared as hell." He shot me a look. "Seriously mate. You've seen her. She is crazy. She honestly wouldn't hesitate in castrating me at the mere mention of breaking up."

However, JT did eventually pluck up the courage to end things with her, the thought of losing Molly more overpowering than the wrath of his current girlfriend, and that was why he was now sporting a red handprint on the side of his face.

"Whatever," JT muttered, zipping his jacket up and walking down the hallway. "At least it's over."

I shot him a slight smile and slapped him on the back. "Proud of you, man."