Chapter 10

This is deicated to Tilah1D4evertwihard just because of her amazing support, great comments, and continued interest. Thank you, and check out her book, some good stuff there.

~~~

I guess it was my mistake.

My mistake in thinking that the fake-blonde, blue-eyed, Barbie look-alike, air hostess was harmless. She was anything but. It was just my luck though. Trust me to discover a person more sadistic and conceited than the very Mason Tanner himself.

I could have handled the fourteen-year-old comment. I could have brushed it off and enjoyed the rest of my flight. I may have even been able to tolerate her suggestion of going for the unsalted peanuts. And hey, perhaps her knocking the the food cart into my shin on my way to the bathroom had been an accident after all.

But the flirting. God, the flirting. The hours I had had to endure with her constant, high-pitched giggles and Mason's cringe-worthy jokes were starting to do my head in. At the rate this was going, I'd be certifiably insane by the time we touched down in Heathrow.

And Mason was loving it. Every single moment. However, I had a strong feeling that he was enjoying my misery more than all of the attention he was suddenly getting.

Thus, there I was, three hours after take-off, sitting in my seat and trying not to flinch at every squeal of laughter that burst from her lips. Britney, was her name. I discovered that two and a half hours ago.

Mason wasn't that funny. No human being was that funny. And Christ, didn't she have a job to do?

I jumped as she let out another loud laugh, and thus, turned my head swiftly towards her.

"I'd really love a glass of water." I said clearly, my smile as fake as the eyelashes she kept batting in Mason's direction.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "You had one like, five minutes-"

"Well I'm thirsty again. Parched throat. You know how it is."

Reluctantly, she removed her hand from Mason's shoulder and strutted down the aisle.

Mason threw me a glance, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Everything all-"

"Stop this now." I hissed, leaning forward in my seat. "You're driving me insane. She's driving me insane-"

"Not like you were far from it."

"I'm being serious Mason." I said, my eyes narrowing in on his. "If this carries on, I'll move seats."

Mason sighed and gave me tired look. He was tired? Son of a bitch.

"I don't know what you want me to do Rose. She's here by her own choice; I can't help it if she's so into me."

"Then stop leading her on! The flirting, the jokes- which are super shit by the way- you know what you're doing."

"Jealous?"

"Mason."

"Ooh, serious voice."

That's it.

I stood up, my eyes searching down the aisle.

"You can't just move seats, Rose." Mason said from below me, his voice patronising.

I smiled when I spotted a vacant seat three rows down, next to a dark haired man.

"Sure I can." I scooted past Mason and flashed him a smile. "Tell Britney that it's her lucky day. She just scored a seat next to Mason Tanner."