Ms. Way would probably shoot you with a tranquelizer...

Gerard didn't want to wake up. He didn't want to get out of bed. And he most certainly did not want to go to school.

He rolled over, turning off his blaring alarm clock, and cringing as he wiped his eyes, feeling the dried tears and pain from the bruise that had been left.

People would notice, and people would talk, and people would ask questions, and he would no longer be invisible. Gerard hated that. He didn't want people to know who he was, and he really didn't want people to know about the bruise on his face and where it could have possibly come from.

He sighed, sitting up and letting his legs hang off the edge of his bed. He took one last deep breath before standing and making his way toward the bathroom he shared with Mikey. He stepped inside, barely glancing at the mirror before shrieking at the condition of the left side of his face. His entire left cheekbone was swollen and purple, and his eye was clearly bruised, along with a large pocket of blood underneath. There was no way he could hide that.

He broke down, sinking to the floor with silent whimpers, thankful that Mikey was still sleeping and not worrying about him again. Gerard needed to get out, he couldn't face the prospect of looking in the mirror again, let alone actually going to school.

He got up off the bathroom floor and made his way back to his bedroom, throwing on a pair of skinnies and a Metallica shirt. He then threw his sketchbook, along with some pencils, in a drawstring bag and slipped out the door, into the early morning air. He took a deep breath, contemplating where he could possibly go at 5:30 in the morning, before setting off down the road towards Cemetery Drive.

---

The walk had been short, no more than twenty minutes, and it was still dark when he arrived so he was able to slip through the gates without anyone noticing- not that many people were even around to notice.

Gerard knew exactly where he was going, it was where he always went when he needed some time to himself. He used to come here everyday after school when he was 15, but now the visits were far less frequent, due to stress, work, homework, family, and all the rest of that fun shit. He figured he probably hadn't been here in three or four months, but that was alright. He was there now.

He stopped walking, finally reaching his destination. He glanced down, reading over the stone that he had seen thousands of times before, "Here lies Elena Rush, a loving mother, wife, and friend. You will be missed, Rest In Peace."

Gerard felt his eyes prick, those words didn't do her justice. She was so much more than that, but it was alright, because he knew that. And he was sure that wherever she was, she knew how much he still loved her. She had been more of a mother to him than his own mother, but he could never venture to share that with anyone. He was content with keeping that piece of his mind to himself.

He sat down next to the stone, leaning against it slightly before peering out over the rest of the graveyard. Gerard much preferred hanging out with people who could no longer judge or ridicule him, it made him feel better about life and where he stood, and he took comfort in the fact that death was inevitable.

He smiled slightly for the first time since the night prior as he retrieved his book and pencils from his bag. He let his mind wander, thinking of all the possibilities that he could put to paper as his hand danced over the clean sheet.

---

Gerard took a breath, finally satisfied with what he had drawn. It was the face of a beautiful woman looking in the mirror, but her reflection was a hideous beast. He found it rather fitting.

He began packing his things away when he happened to glance up, nearly shitting his pants as he saw a figure stood no more than ten feet in front of him.

"W-what are you doing here..?" He asked shakily, the color draining from his face, "why aren't you at school? Mikey, I-"

"Stop." Mikey cut him off, "just listen for a minute. I've been worried sick about you all day. First, I wake up and you're not there. Not in your room or the bathroom, and there wasn't even a fucking note. I didn't know where you were, but I figured 'ok, maybe he's already at school...' I was wrong again, as your car is still in the driveway," Mikey paused, glaring at Gerard who was now clutching his bag to his chest, "anyway, I walk to school with Pete and we figure you just needed some time and you'd be back when we got home from school... Nope!"

"Mikey, I'm sorry, I-" Gerard tried, only eliciting more anger from his brother.

"It's been 14 hours, Gerard. I was so fucking worried about you! We have been calling you for hours... What the fuck, Gee, why didn't you answer?!"

"I-I'm sorry... I've been here the whole time and my phone was on silent... I lost track of time... I thought- I'm sorry..." Gerard hugged his knees, instantly regretting coming here. He didn't mean to stay for so long, only a few hours, and, okay, so he took a nap partway through and he drew a bit, it couldn't have possibly been so long.

"Whatever. Doesn't matter. Let's just go, okay? Mom's worried sick about you..." Mikey grumbled, pulling out his phone and calling their mother, to inform her that her eldest child was not, in fact, kidnapped.

---
"Gerard Arthur Way, get your ass over here now!" Ms Way yelled as her sons made their way into the house.

"Mom, I'm s-sorry, I-"

"I don't care. I don't care what happened, where you went, or why you were there. I'm just happy to have you home alive and safe. I swear, if you ever do that again, I will hunt you down and stab you with a tranquilizer." Ms Way muttered, holding her son tight against her. "Now, go get something to eat and do not leave this house again." She pointed a finger at him, "Michael, I'm going out. Keep an eye on him and make sure he goes to school tomorrow, alright?" Mikey nodded, sending her a small smile as she grabbed her purse and closed the goddamn door behind her.

Mikey turned to his brother, irritation evident on his face, "I will sleep in a sleeping bag on your floor if I have to. You're going to school tomorrow whether you like it or not." He exclaimed, heading presumably back to his room.

Gerard was left alone, yet again. Only this time he didn't have a choice in the matter. He wasn't hungry, so he made his way to his room, shutting the door and hoping tomorrow wouldn't be quite as bad as he was expecting.

***

I updated. Yas.

If you enjoyed this shitstack it would be really awesome if you would vote/COMMENT.

I live for that shit.

Btw how's the writing style? Yay? Nay? What could I do better?

Critiques are fun. Ok well I think that's it

Merci pour le Venin...