Gerard comes out of the closet. Again.

Gerard stayed in the closet for the rest of the class period. He didn't come out the closet until after the bell had rung, signaling the start of second period.

How could this have happened? Surely people would have known Bert was lying...

Gerard stood, brushing off his shirt and checking to make sure his eyeliner hadn't smudged. He took a deep breath, pulling open the door and coming out of the closet. He slipped in his earbuds, keeping his head down as he made his way towards the stairs to get to his next class- physics.

As he walked, Gerard noticed people giving him strange looks, as though he had a dick drawn on his face. He shrugged it off, hoping this whole mess would fade alongside the bruise on his face. He stepped into class, taking his seat just in time for the douchebag next to him to pull the chair out from under him. He landed with a hard 'oof,' scowling at the boy holding his chair.

"That's for Bert, you dick." He scoffed, before setting the chair back down and returning to his desk before the teacher came inside.

"Gerard, why in the hell are you laid out on the floor?" Mr. Beck, Gerard's teacher, snapped, shutting the door behind himself.

"I-I... Uh," he stuttered out, scrambling to get back in his desk.

"Sheesh, kids these days. Always trying to be unique with their red-hair and floor-sitting..." The teacher sighed, beginning to pass out what would presumably be their homework for the night.

Gerard glanced at his hands, still shaking from being made a fool in front of his class. It wasn't his fault he ended up on the floor, it was that asshats behind him. Gerard groaned internally, he had only been here two hours, and already he was getting picked on by those who believed Bert's outrageous story. What had he done to deserve this? Hell, if anyone should be getting shit, it's Bert. He's the one who attempted to force himself on someone. He's the one who punched someone for no apparent reason. He's the one spreading lies about an all too innocent boy... Yet, he's felt no repercussions for it whatsoever.

Gerard decided that if Bert was going to spread rumors, then he would too. Only Gerard's words would be the truth- gospel, for the fallen one.

He completed the worksheet with minutes to spare, choosing to put in headphones and lay his head on his desk, which is usually a peaceful fee minutes. Today, however, mr. Beck had left some papers with another teacher and needed them for his next class, so he left the students with instructions to sit quietly. They didn't. Within seconds of him exiting the classroom, three boys next to Gerard stood, made their way toward him and spat on his head, making him jump in both shock and disgust.

"Awe, is the little faggot mad?" One questioned, laughing as he sat back down.

"I think he's gonna go home and cry to his mommy... Oh wait, I doubt even she cares about a kid who's that fucked up!" Another shouted, causing Gerard's cheeks to tint a bright shade of red.

The bell rang before anyone else had a chance to speak up, and Gerard bolted from the premises, not to his third period, but to Mikey's. He needed to talk to someone who would listen, someone who would give a shit.

He ran down the stairs and towards his brothers class- Spanish. Upon entering the hallway, his gaze fell on his brother and Pete, the two walking hand in hand, smiling- a rare occurrence for Mikey- and giggling. He didn't want to bring them down, or distract Mikey from his own life. Hell, Mikey deserved so much more than Gerard. He deserved a brother he didn't have to constantly worry about- be it his lack of friends, anxiety, or depression. He deserved someone he could look up to and be proud of... And with that thought, Gerard turned back the way he had come, only this time his destination was not Mikey's Spanish class, but home.

---

"Gerard? Are you home?" Mikey's voice rang out through the house, but elicited no response. "I'm gonna go see if he's in his room... Feel free to do whatever. I'll be right back," Mikey said, throwing a quick smile at his not-quite boyfriend before trotting up the stairs towards his brothers room.

He knocked, no answer. "Gee? You in there?" He tried again, pressing his ear to the door. He listened intently, honing in on one sound he knew all to well.

He tried the doorknob, but it was locked, as per usual. He sighed, quickly going in his own room and returning with a bobby pin- lets just say Mikey knew how to work a lock.

With a few quick twists, Mikey had successfully unlocked Gerard's door and made his way inside, glancing and the sniveling emo mess on the bed who hadn't even noticed Mikey's entrance. His earbuds were in, and he was faced toward his wall, quietly crying and snapping a rubberband on his wrist- something Mikey had showed him a while back.

He hesitantly moved forward, as not to startle the boy on the bed. Mikey restrd his hand on Gerard's back, feeling him suddenly tense before the realization that it was in fact his brother set in. He didn't turn, he merely hung his head in defeat, hoping Mikey would soon leave him to his own devices. He didn't need to bother him anymore.

Mikey gently pulled out Gerard's earbuds and joined him on the bed, pulling him into a tight hug. As much as Gerard wanted to fight it, there was something comforting about him that he could never really pinpoint. Maybe it was because he was the only one who had always really been there for him... He didn't know, nor did he want to, and he melted into his brother, letting out his once silent sobs.

"I'm sorry Mikes..." He whimpered, shutting his eyes tight, hoping the world around him could simply disappear.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Now, stop crying. I know you're upset, we'll talk about that later. Just for now, look at me. It will be alright. Go in the bathroom, splash some cold water on your face, and then come join me and Pete downstairs for some movies, alright?" Mikey stated bluntly, hoping his brother would be alright enough to make it through a few movies.

"I-I don't want to intrude-" Gerard started, but was soon cut off.

"You aren't fucking intruding, we love having you around. Now, bathroom. Go. I'll be downstairs, The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the ready, okay?" Mikey smiled, standing up and leaving his brother to take a deep breath and smile for the first time that day. After all, it's not like things could really get much worse, right?

***

Thoughts?

Questions, comments, concerns?

Ok well please vote/comment if you happen to like this story, if you don't, well I'm sorry.

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL JAMES WAY :D

Stay fabulous, killjoys.

Merci pour le Venin...