What is love?(baby, don't hurt me...)

*please read the authors note at the end, also thank you guys for actually reading this story, I love every single one of you*

***

Gerard melted into Frank's touch, ignoring every thought buzzing through his head. It just... Felt so right. His lips moved in sync with Frank's for what felt like an eternity before the shorter of the two pulled away, holding Gerard's gaze as he lifted his middle finger to the man stood in front of the car.

Frank smiled, biting slightly on his lip ring as Gerard took a breath and actually managed to back out of the driveway and speed away from the fuming man and the crying woman stood on Frank's small front porch.

"Ok, so um. What the fuck?" Gerard stated ever so casually, unable to force himself to meet Frank's gaze.

"My, um, my parents found a few magazines of mine, a few... Dirty... Magazines, and, let's just say they are very catholic and very closed minded, and my dad has an intolerance for dick that isn't his own. So, long story short, I may have been told never to step foot inside their house again unless I 'come to my senses and marry a nice woman.'" Frank mumbled, the words just now registering in his brain, "fuck... I can't go home, Gee..."

"Shit, ok, um... We'll figure something out. I promise. Don't worry, Frankie," Gerard attempted a reassuring smile, but Frank's eyes brimmed with tears regardless. Gerard reached over and rested a hand on Frank's leg in what he hoped was a comforting gesture. "Ok, well, on a different note, why did you- uh, attack my face with your face?" Gerard asked, cheeks burning bright red.

"My dad was there, and I knew it would piss him off, and I don't- it didn't mean anything, I, I know we aren't like that. I'm sorry," Frank got quieter as he spoke, but he didn't quite notice the way Gerard's face fell when Frank said 'it didn't mean anything,' and perhaps that was for the best.

The two rode in awkward silence before the red head eventually pulled into Starbucks, ushering Frank inside with the promise that he could have whatever he liked, Gerard's treat.

"Frank?" He whispered, an idea suddenly coming to his mind. Maybe it was a good one, and maybe it wouldn't last 12 years and then rip out your fucking soul.

"Yeah, Gee?"

"What if... I mean, it's a long shot, and I'd have to check with my mom first, but... Maybe you could stay with us for a while?" Gerard spoke, his cheeks turning the color of his hair as Frank began nodding excitedly.

"Oh my god! Gee, that would be amazing, really. Are you serious?" Frank questioned, his emotions mixing between excitement and nervousness, alongside the newfound hatred for his father.

"Yeah, we can go talk to my mom after this if you want? And, knowing her, she'll probably be alright with it." Gerard smiled as Frank's face lit up, the shorter boy chugging the last of his coffee and practically sprinting back to the car. Gerard couldn't take his eyes off him, the moment he lived earlier playing over again and again in his head. He could still taste the cool metal of Frank's lip ring against him, and the heat behind it.

But... He had a boyfriend. His boyfriend cared, didn't he? He pushed the thought of Bert out of his head as he saw Frank appear in the doorway, grumbling about Gerard being a slowass and telling him to hurry the fuck up.

They climbed in the car and began the short trip back to Gerard's house, but there were few words spoken between them. Gerard's head wondering why him and Frank's brief moment had meant more to him than Bert's entire existence. The guilt was overwhelming, he was supposed to love his boyfriend, care about his boyfriend, want to spend time with his boyfriend, but... The only person he wanted to do those things with, was Frank.

Frank fucking Iero.

Gerard struggled with his newfound realization, questioning what it could possibly mean, and only knowing one thing for certain.

He didn't love Bert. He never had, and he never would.

He also needed to end their relationship, suddenly realizing the stupid decision he had made in the first place. But... He couldn't. They hadn't been 'going out' for very long, but... But Bert had attempted to rape him. Bert had punched him. Bert had started rumors about him. Bert was toxic.

Bert could hurt him. Bert would hurt him. Bert would hurt him if he found out Gerard kissed someone else, Bert would hurt him if he found out Gerard didn't love him, Bert would hurt him if he refused intimacy with him, Bert would hurt him if he tried to end things.

Gerard wasn't worried about that necessarily, granted he was terrified out of his own skin, but he was far more worried about what Bert would do to Frank.

If Bert found out that Frank had kissed Gerard, Frank would almost definitely be hospitalized. If Bert found out that Gerard had begun to have feelings for Frank, Frank would almost definitely be hospitalized. If Bert found out why Gerard didn't want to be with him anymore, it would lead back to Frank, because Frank is the one that made him realize it.

He couldn't do that to Frank.

And Bert would find out, he always did.

Because of that, Gerard couldn't say a word. He had to pretend things were fine. He had to be Bert's 'little toy'. He had to... He didn't want to think about it any longer. As long as Frank was safe, that was the important part. Frank's safety.

Because Gerard loved Frank, he would protect him at all costs. Maybe he didn't love him in the sexual sense, or not yet, rather, but he loved him as his best and only friend. A friend he would protect with his life.

And he was, by staying with Bert, no matter the repercussions.

Frank would probably disagree, say he could handle his own, and to leave Bert if he was unhappy or scared, and that was why Gerard couldn't tell him. Wouldn't tell him.

Because someone would have to get hurt, and Gerard would have rather it been himself than risk the chance of Frank getting hurt.

He loved Frank more than he loved anyone, including himself.

"Hello? Anybody home?" A calloused hand was waved in front of Gerard's face, shaking him from his thoughts.

"Oh, yeah sorry. I was just thinking..." Frank quirked his eyebrow, only to have Gerard wave a dismissive hand, "let's go talk to my mom, shall we?" He smiled, and with that, the pair raced inside to find Ms. Way.

***

Another chapter for you lovelies since I have slacked off so much :)

READ (please)~

Guess who's an idiot? Me. Guess who needs to update her stories faster but is hella lazy? Also me. Guess who started a new story anyway? Me!

Lol probably a bad 'idea', but I've had this idea for a while and it's all planned out. I've already written the first chapter and it's called 'Love is a Liar's Game'

So please go check it out and maybe give me some feedback if you love me :)

Since I already know the exact story line, it'll probably have fast-ish updates, and I have a pretty good feeling about it. So yea :) it'd mean the world to me if you gave it a read

Oh shit, I was rambling. Ok, I'll shut up now, please go read and tell me if I should scrap it or keep going

Love you guys!!

Merci pour le Venin