I'm Not The Desperate Type

"Hey Pete, can you pass that over here please?" I held my hand out and waited for my assistant counselor to hand me the sequins.

"The sequins?"

"Yes, the fucking sequins Wentz," I groaned, my hand getting tired. "And hurry up, these need to be finished before the bonfire. It is our last night after all."

"Mmm, yes it is." He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and buried his face between my shoulder blades.

"Oh be quiet," I huffed, sprinkling glitter over the poster.

"It's our last day seeing each other..." he whispered into my back, sending chills up my spine. "You're going back to Jersey, and I'm staying here." I turned around and grabbed his hands.

"I know, but don't waste your time whining, help me with the posters, then we'll go to the campfire and then make out. How does that sound?"

"Great," he grinned and passed me the sequins, sticking his tongue out at me a little. I flicked him and turned back to the poster, thinking what would Gerard do?

"Just add some kind of squiggly pattern there and then make a heart. Hearts fix everything, Mikeyway." Pete pointed to the gap that I was questioning.

"Fine, but I know you're only helping because you want to get in my pants, weirdo."

"No, not really. I just want to spend time with my summer love." He grabbed my arms and swung me around, swaying and dancing along to a nonexistent song. I giggled and played along, letting him spin me in circles, the lake behind us glimmering. He pulled me into a dip and kissed my nose, his breath smelling like vanilla for some unknown reason.

"I don't want this to end," I murmured into his chest, pulling him even closer.

"Neither do I, Mikeyway, neither do I." He squeezed back, exhaling loudly. "I... I think I love you." I looked into his eyes and let a smile consume my face.

"I know I do," I whispered, reaching up and catching his lips on mine. He smiled against my mouth and closed his eyes. I took it all in, the lake, his scent, the softness of his lips. It all felt right, this was where I belonged, on the lake with a beautiful boy.

It was all going to be gone tomorrow.

But that was all the more reason to cling on harder today.

-

"I guess... I guess this is the last." I pulled my duffel higher up on my shoulders.

"Yeah, I guess it is." He looked at the cabin and then back to me. "We have thirty minutes, let's make the most of our time." I snickered and dropped my bag, letting him pull me inside the cabin. I tugged off his shirt, throwing it to the side and running my hands over his tattoos, admiring the way they stood out. He put his hands over mine as I continued to explore them. "Each one is a different story. I think I might get one for you. A first love tattoo."

"A sweet little dude tattoo," I replied, looking down at him. He beamed and inched my shirt off, hanging it on the bunk. I pulled him on top of me, wrapping my legs around him, bringing our lips together for what could be the last time. "I love you so goddamn much, Pete Wentz."

"I think I might love you more, Mikeyway. Always be my sweet little dude?"

"Always."

-

Ahhh, short and sweet, my favorite. But yeah, pls do the thing where you vote and stuff, I really appreciate it!!!

ALSO CHECK OUT THIS FIC ON AO3 CALLED NEVER COME BACK UNTIL FOREVER ENDS JUST DO IT PLS

that is all friends.

Your fav genderfluid pansexual mermaid,

-Tay