Part two

"The tulips are coming tomorrow!" Patrick announced, packing the last box of ties inside the store. I did a little dance on the sidewalk.

"AHHH, my favorites!" I squeaked.

"I knew you would be excited."

"Thanks Pat," I said, walking into the store and closing the door behind us. "Anything else?"

"I don't think so," he responded, looking down at his watch with a concerned face.

"Pat, you're okay to go. I'll close up here," I said, peeking out the window at the darkening sky. The moon was already peeking out of the clouds, illuminating the damp streets with a cool, eerie light.

"Are you sure, Pete?" Patrick flattened his green apron and arched his eyebrows. "Because I can-"

I pushed him out the door gently. "Just go, you came in early and I could use some time alone. Not that I don't enjoy your company of course."

"If you're sure, I'll go. Elisa wanted to go out for dinner tonight so I guess it works out."

"See?" I chuckled, leaning against the doorframe and resting my heel on the metal. "Go on, have fun."

"Thanks Pete!" He beamed and waved, jogging slowly to his car, his keys jingling loudly with every step.

"No problem Patrick." A two fingered salute and I was gone inside the store, sitting behind the counter. I had an hour before the shop was officially closed, but who came to a flower shop this late?

Ding!

Well, someone apparently.

"How can I-" I began, slapping a smile on my face and using my professional voice, only to be met with light hazel eyes and that goddamn smirk. "Way..."

"Petey! I need your help, immediately," Mikey announced dramatically, the dragon in his neck stretching as he craned his neck.

"How could I, a wee flower peddler, help you O' mighty tattoo artist?"

"Well," he began, licking his lips. "I need flowers."

"Well that's specific," I replied sarcastically.

"Oh, Flora has some sass in her!" Mikey squealed, clapping his hands. "No really, Valentine's Day is coming up and I've got myself a little crush."

"Oh?" I grinned.

He blushed. "Stop. I think I need tulips."

"You... think?" I stressed the word. "Okay... How many?"

"Like, I don't know. Nothing too much, I don't think he- uh, they- know I like them so nothing too overpowering."

I felt a clench in my stomach. What the hell?

"Uhhh, we will just go with a small, which is about ten stems."

"That sounds great! I think." He smiled shyly. "Sorry, I've never done this before."

"Nah, it's okay..." I made a note on the computer. "They'll be ready for you by the time for the holiday."

He clapped his hands again. "Okay, Flora, thanks. I mean, Pete."

"He can call me Flower if he wants to," I said sweetly, quoting Bambi.

"Oh?" He leaned over the counter and got close to my face, his breath smelling like coffee and mint. "Okay then, Fluer, see you later."

"Bye," I breathed.

-

Ayooooooo here it is the next one will be posted tomorrow (I hope).

Enjoy!
~Tay