Smartypants- Part 2

By the way, the jobs in this story are actually the careers I want in the future. I love, with a devoted passion, chemistry and crime and want to be a forensics officer and/or a detective of some sort. It's weird, even for a person like me, but I am studying serial killers and working on reciting their birthdays, place of origin, death tolls and other things I find important.

I may have an issue.

But yes, the story.

That date was the first of many.

The boys just bounced off of each other, the chemistry (ha) was undeniable. The two spent every moment they could together, always near each other, always laughing and smiling. The best part for Pete was the fact that Mikey totally accepted and respected everything that Pete asked of him. No matter how strange, like when Pete asked him to kiss his cheek four times, or all those times when he had to stop to change or fix something in the store, Mikey was always there and smiling.

"You know," Mikey said one day. They were out in Pete's backyard, Pete fixing his flowers and Mikey laying on his back in the grass.

"Yes?" Pete picked a dying petal off of one marigold.

"You should come by our lab sometime. It would be really nice for you to meet my coworkers." Mikey paused and rolled over to be closer to Pete on his stomach. "They'd love you."

Pete hummed softly. "Maybe."

"Just maybe?" Mikey laughed, pushing himself up into sitting position. "I thought you'd like to come see what I do and all."

"Oh no, it's not like that, I'd love to see you I just..." Pete stopped, setting down his clippers and facing Mikey. He placed two hands, one on each, on the other boy's cheeks and smiled sadly. "New places are hard for me."

"Every place was once a new place to you," Mikey protested, laying his hands over Pete's. "I really just want them to meet my... my, uh..."

"Your what?" Pete teased lightly, pulling his hands away.

"I don't know..." Mikey looked off into the sky, a small frown on his lips. "What do I call you?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I'm your boyfriend. Then again, this is the only relationship that I've ever been in."

Mikey gasped. "I'm your first boyfriend! That's so cute."

Pete blushed crimson. "I guess... I didn't even know I was gay. You're not only my first boyfriend but the first person I've... Uh...."

"Spit it out," Mikey coerced.

"Been mentally... um, involved with, but not like...." Pete got angry at himself. He was the well spoken, intelligent forensic scientist that never got choked up or forgotten what to say.

"So I'm the first one that you've been attracted to... In many ways." Mikey smiled. "You're actually my favorite human Pete Wentz."

"That's really ironic, seeing as you, Mikey Way, by happenstance are also my favorite homo- emphasis on homo- sapien." Pete laughed at his own joke.

"Oh my god Pete, you actually made a funny!" Mikey feigned surprise, then smiled and sat up, taking the clippers out of Pete's hand and setting them down next to the two of them.

"Oh, silence you sarcastic imbecile," Pete replied, watching with wary eyes as Mikey leaned closer. His hands touched Pete's neck.

"Is this okay?" Mikey asked before continuing. Pete swallowed and nodded ferociously. Mikey smiled and pulled the nervous boy in, holding him tight as they shared a kiss. Mikey could feel him shaking, but Pete kept on kissing him, bringing his hand up to his cheek and cupping it in his palm. Both boys pulled their lips up in a small smile.