I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears and Now One On My Finger

He made me happy.

He made me feel like I was safe for once.

He made my heart feel like fireworks were exploding in it.

He made me feel emotions I didn't even know existed.

It's a shame I'm marrying someone else today.

"Stop it Pete, you look fine." Patrick slapped my hand away from my hair, giving me a dirty look. "Quit messing with your suit."

"I'm sorry I'm just so-"

"Nervous. I get it-"

"No. I'm just so happy," I lied, fixing my tie. "I'm marrying the love of my life, Pat, I'm happy."

"I'm glad you're finally happy, Pete, but you're going to mess up your hair." He filled his cheeks with air then checked his watch. "You have about ten minutes."

I blinked. "Wow, this is it."

He nodded. "It really is. It was a wild ride brother." He turned over and looked at me. I'm sure he could tell something was wrong. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm- I'm fine..." I stammered, looking away from his gaze.

"Does it... Does it have to do with... Him?" Patrick asked, catching my eyes again.

"Pat, I got over him a while ago, he's out of my mind," I said quickly, looking away so he couldn't see the lies in my eyes.

"You still love him, don't you?" He croaked, his voice catching.

"I don't know Pat, I'm getting married today, I can afford these thoughts." I leaned against the bathroom wall. "It's been two years, I shouldn't be thinking about him."

"I think the man you're marrying is not the love of your life, Pete. Be careful with this," Patrick warned.

"He needs me, and I need him-"

"Do you really? Or is he just a sloppy replacement for you know who?"

I was suddenly at a loss for words. "I- Pat... I have to do this. I owe it to Gabe."

"Don't marry someone out of pity, Pete, marry them because you love them. And I have a feeling you don't really love Gabe the way you think you do."

"Pat, it's time to go. I have to do this. I'm going to do this." I pushed myself off the wall and left the bathroom, leaving Patrick standing there with a sad look in his face.

"I invited him you know!" He shouted through the door as it closed. I felt a hand grab me- Vicky.

"Invited who?" I yelled back as she pulled me along.

"Your sweet little-" the door shut.

"Who-"

"Pete come on, we're going to be late!" Vicky pulled me through a set of doors and positioned me behind a set of new ones. "Okay, when you hear the music begin to play, start walking. Got it?" Unable to respond, I just nodded. "Good." She rushed off, her short hair flying behind her.

I stood alone for a few minutes, listening to the sound of my breaths. What if Pat was right? Did I still love him? Was I doing the right thing by marrying Gabe?

Before I could elaborate any more, I heard the wedding march and the doors swung open in front of me, leaving me facing pews of people and a stage. I began shakily walking towards the stage, looking at everyone.

I saw Brendon throwing me a thumbs up and Hayley grinning. I smiled softly at them and continued down the aisle, my footsteps silent. About halfway through, a dyed black head caught my eye.

Gerard?

Gerard Way. Yep, it was, with his husband Frank sitting next to him. If he was here that meant-

My toe hit the stairs of the stage.

I began to ascend, pulling my lips into a line when I made it to the top. Gabe stood there, staring at me with dark eyes, his hair slicked back. He beamed at me, his eyes twinkling.

As the vicar went on and on, I immersed myself in my thoughts, remembering hot summer nights in tour bus bunk beds and sweet Popsicle kisses. I remembered his beanie that he never took off, his little leather boots that for some godforsaken reason smelled like popcorn. I remembered the way his little crooked teeth would pull into a grin as he pushed up his thin rimmed glasses.

I remembered it all.

I felt it all.

I needed it all.

"Stop!" Someone yelled. "Stop now!"

"Pete, what-"

"Stop!" I yelled again. I was shouting. It was me.

The crowd gave me strange looks, confusion plastered on everyone's faces. My eyes searched for him, maybe for his beanie, or the glint of his glasses.

But I saw no one.

He isn't here. He will never be here.

"Sorry, just got, um, a little nervous, that's all. Continue," I stuttered, turning back to my fiancé.

"Okay then..." The vicar began again, rambling on about love and stuff. I felt bile raising up my throat, causing me to choke on my own spit, as conspicuously as I could.

"I do." Gabe suddenly said. I jerked my head towards him where he was smiling and motioning for me to speak. God, this is it.

"I- I guess I... I d-"

"No!" A man with short brown hair and sunglasses came running in, a muscle tank top loose around his skinny frame. He whipped off his glasses and looked me in the eyes, hazel on hazel.

As if in a daze, I stumbled down the stairs and began walking towards him. "Mikey?"

"Pete," he breathed. His teeth were straighter and his eyes were duller. "Pete, I'm sorry, I just-"

"I still love you," I blurted out. The whole crowd gasped as if in a movie. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Pete?" Gabe's voice sounded heartbroken.

"Gabe, I-" I began.

"No, I always knew, it's okay." He smiled softly and kissed my forehead, then continued to walk out the door, dropping his flowers as he went.

"Oh god, Mikey." I pulled his face towards mine and rested my forehead on his, breathing in that same musky scent. "Christ, I missed you."

"I missed you too, Wentz."

"Be my sweet little dude... Forever?" I asked, brushing his hair aside.

"Always."

Wow

Probably my favorite one so far.

Hey so if you have Instagram you should totally follow me at _mikeywayistheway_ because it's gonna be awesome. Comment that you're from wattpad and I'll follow you back.

Vote if you liked (I really hope you did) and comment what you think!

Love you all,

-Tay