2. Suprise visits

When I woke up in the morning, and I felt great. Like nothing could bring me down today. I had to get a bloodbag though, I was starting to feel a bit weak. As I was sucking it down I realised I had probably missed so much since when I was last here. What if noone remembered me.

Oh well, I'm sure Caroline will. We were best friends back in the day. After getting ready and grabbing my car keys I decided to just to go to The Grill. I'm sure at least one person I know will be there.

As I was cruising along the streets I suddenly remembered my strange dream last night. It struck me as weird because I normally just have the same nightmare, over and over. This nightmare is of me chasing my brother through the woods, trying to stop him and save him, but every time, Katherine gets to him before I do.

After that she normally rips me apart as well and I wake up screaming.

####

As I stepped through the doors of The Grill I heard loud chatter. It was only 11am and there was already mobs of people here. I looked over to the bar and saw a mass of blonde curls sitting up on a stool. Grinning, I strode over and covered her eyes from behind.

"Guess who?"

".. Abby!"

She turned around and hugged me tight.

"Wow, impressive Caroline."

"Oh I know that sarcastic tone anywhere" she laughed.

Her eyes turned sad. ""Where have you been? Boy have you missed a lot. Just as you left I had turned into a vampire right? Well I have more self control over blood than Stefan and Damon put together!"

"Wow! You go girl!"

My eyes flicked over to the man to our left, he had an amusing smile on his face as he listened in to our conversation.

"And who may this be?"

I asked , gesturing to him.

Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Klaus. Klaus Mikaelson."

He replied with a grin.

"Oh don't worry about him, his whole family is originals, very high opinions of themselves, and plus Klaus here won't leave me alone."

I looked at Klaus. "Oh you're the infamous hybrid."

He nodded, while still staring at Caroline. He looked at her like she was an angel. Wow he really had a big crush on her. By the look she gave me I could see the attraction didn't go both ways.

"Klaus has Tyler as a slave to him, after he turned him into a hybrid as well." Caroline said with a frown.

"Oh." I grinned. "Speaking of Tyler, is he around? I haven't seen his face in so long."

Klaus interrupted Caroline before she could speak. "He's running errands for me sorry love."

Caroline butted in, "But Damon and Stefan are at home, you should go visit them."

"Sweet, I'll go now. Nice to see you Carr and uh, nice to meet you Klaus."

He smiled. "I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of eachother in the future."

I smiled nervously and backed away, before hopping in my car and driving to the Salvatores. I realised that Klaus scared me. I'm sure most of the people here are scared of him too. He was one of the first vampires ever, let alone that he is now half werewolf. That probably makes him the strongest thing on Earth. I would hate to get in his bad books.

Pulling up to the house I decided to sneak in. I sped my way through the front door and up the stairs so I could peer over the balcony. Stefan, who was reading on the couch at the time, jumped up in alarm. Damn, I wasn't quiet enough. Unfortunately I failed to realise anyone was upstairs. Damon grabbed me from behind and slammed me into the floor. I grinned.

"...Abby?" His eyes widened and I laughed.

" The one and only." I winked.

He pulled me up into a hug. "Hey Stefan look who it is."

His brother whizzed up the stairs and crushed me into a tight hug. "Hey Abbs."

I guess I'd always been closer to Stefan. Maybe it's because I met him first, I don't know. But me and Damon were still good friends.

"What are you doing back here?" He laughed.

"I decided I missed this place too much to stay away any longer"

He dragged me down stairs. " Well you have missed A LOT, would you like me to fill you in?"

"Sweet, thanks."

After we'd both flopped down onto a couch he started.

"You left as we had the Katherine problem, correct? Well, we sorted that by Bonnie locking her in the tomb and all the tomb vampires had already escaped uh that was a disaster. And were you here when the whole werewolf thing happened? Oh that's right because you were friends with Mason. Well all the werewolves got real mad at Mason's death. Tyler's on our side though, and we don't have to worry about Jules she got killed in Klaus's ritual. Oh that's right, Klaus. He turned himself into a hybrid and sacrificed Jenna, who he turned into a vampire, Jules, as the werewolf, and sacrificed Elena as well, but John gave up his soul for her, long story but now, all Klaus's family is back and that includes Elijah, Rebekah, Kol, and Finn but Esther was killed when trying to kill all the Mikaelsons. Klaus got very mad at this point as he doesn't have the best anger management. Now all that's really going on is we have a mysterious killer , killing people, but it isn't a vampire. Also, Klaus keeps trying to steal Elena to use her blood to make more hybrids. Oh and I forgot to say Katherine eventually got out of the tomb but now shes gone."

I was shocked. Wow I really had missed a lot.

"I don't have any questions , you pretty much summed it all up for me."

"Oh! And Damon got bitten by a werewolf but he was saved by Klaus's blood."

I heard Damon huffing from up the stairs.

"Wow." I just sat there for about 5 minutes digesting all of this information while Stefan went back to reading his book.

"Do you think it's too late for me to start highschool for this year?"

"Well summer break just finished so I'd say it's perfect timing."

I grinned. I'd always loved school.

####

I spent the next few hours getting filled in on everything by Stefan and Damon, and it turns out I was right about Klaus's crush on Caroline, but everyone was surprised as Klaus had 'no humanity'

I looked out the window. "Well it's getting dark I better head home."

Damon smirked. "Come on Abby, you're a big girl now, you don't have a curfew."

I laughed. "Well sorry Damon but half my stuff isn't even unpacked and I need some blood, so I'll see you guys tommorow."

They both smiled.

"Bye Abbs."

I rushed out the door and headed home.

---------------------------------------------

I've changed the story a bit sorry , Stefan was never the ripper , and the Mikaelsons don't all leave Mystic Falls after Esther dies :) I hope you like!