21. Journeys after Elijah

Abby's POV:

Okay, okay. Maybe I didn't handle the situation the best. But running away seemed like a pretty good option at the time.

When Stefan had smashed into The Grill, while leaving me and Matt stunned, he came over, demanding questions.

I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of an answer, the Salvatores were always too nosey. But I just said goodbye to Matt, and took the brother on a stroll around the block.

He looked at me strangely, worriedly, as we paced along the leaf-littered pavement, and I started my story.

"So. It all started when- hey wait. Since when did you start caring for Elijah?" He rolled his eyes, and I smirked.

"Fine. I kissed Klaus."

His eyes widened as the story sunk in. I coughed and scuffed at the leaves on the footpath.

"Oh come on, it's not that big of a deal. I don't even know why I did it. I love Elijah. And only him. Klaus is annoying."

He nodded. "Yes, I understand now."

I gave him a puzzled look. "Understand what?"

"You're not going to like this." He looked at me with his brooding eyes. "Elijah plans to kill Klaus."

And that, ladies and gentleman, was when I ran away. Stefan wasn't having much luck with the ladies lately. In the past few days, he's had me and Elena both run away from him. He called frantically after me.

"Where are you going?"

I turned my head over my shoulder, still running. "Where do you think?"

I heard his footsteps stop to a halt, obviously giving up on chasing me to the ends of the Earth. I was going to his house anyway. Because I knew that Elijah would be there. But first I would go back to my car, and arrive in style.

####

I strolled into the house, too see Damon sprawled on the seat, drinking as usual. He raised an eyebrow when I walked in.

"Welcome back little Miss Klaus Kisser." He smirked.

I scowled at him, walking over and grabbing one of his bloodbags. "Stefan told you?"

The other Salvatore appeared from the side room, an innocent smile on his face. I huffed and crossed my arms.

"By any chance has Elijah dropped by?"

Damon shrugged. "Whoops, you just missed him."

Dammit. He probably left when I arrived. Which was kind of immature when I just wanted to apologise. I had never seen Elijah like this before.

Frowning, I climbed up the stairs, pondering on what to do next. I then sprawled out on my bed, groaning in frustration. Why was life so confusing and hard.

I heard Stefan chuckle. He should just go jump off a cliff. His life was pretty much perfect, and I was not in the mood.

Maybe I should go to the other Mikaelsons for help. I knew that Elijah wouldn't be at their place anyway, trying to avoid me. So it was worth a shot.

####

Rebekah's POV:

I brushed my fingers through my hair, untangling all the knots. I liked Matt Donovan. He was nice to me. Strange, considering my reputation.

But after Kol had injured him, he had learned to dislike out family. And I was sulking.

I had been in my room the past 2 days, mad at my brother, and extremely bored. So when there was a knock on the front door, I jumped at the chance of socialising. Whoever it was, Kol would piss them off anyway.