The Final Chapter

Abby's POV:

'Dear Diary.

Wow. I haven't written in this book in so long. Looking back at my past diary entries made me realise how happy I used to be.

Of course, Elijah has made endlessly happy, but I have hurt him so many times, and this sire bond is making my decisions muddled. I mean sure, I find Klaus .. attractive. But he's more like a brother to me.

And I can see how much it hurts Lijah that we are blood bound.

Tonight there is a fest at the bar, an auction for bachelors of the town. Klaus, Tyler, Matt, Kol, Damon, Stefan, and Elijah have signed up for it. I told him that it would be fun, and we needed a little of that in our lives.

So I have to get ready now, then go over to the Mikaelsons beforehand. Wish me luck.

Abby xxx'

I sat up from my bed, and gazed at the wall in thought. This was going to be hilarious. Imagine if Damon got Elena. I don't think Stefan would be very happy. I better hope for the best.

Getting up, I opened my small wardrobe to look for some clothes. All I found that I wanted to wear were some skinny jeans and a cargo jacket. I'd much rather go simple than formal tonight, that's for sure. Although I think Carol Lockwood might disapprove.

And I knew Caroline and Elena would be clad in dresses and high heels, which I didn't wear often. Just to show everyone up, I chucked on a new pair converse I had gotten over the weekend, and went into the bathroom to do my hair.

Once again, I would rather go simple. So I chucked it up into a loose ponytail, and dabbed on some mascara, before turning back and grabbing my keys to go.

I knew the Salvatores were nearly ready to leave, but I could hear them fighting downstairs. As I slid down the staircase, I yelled out to the brothers. "I'm going now, see you there?"

Stefan yelled out. "Bye Abbs."

Damon just mumbled a goodbye before stomping back to his room to whip on a dress shirt.

I leapt into my car, and set off to the Mikaelson mansion. No doubt they would all be ready and organised by now.

####

I got there fairly quickly, and I pulled up in the driveway to see Elijah standing out waiting for me, his hair so perfectly styled that my heart melted. I knew whoever won him at that bachelor auction would make me jealous. Too bad I was the one who signed him up for this stupid thing.

I hopped out of the car and ran over to him, jumping into his arms. Lately I had become more appreciative of how much he means to me. Bringing him down into a long, intense kiss, he hesitated at first, but slowly closed in.

His hands slung around my hips, and mine were hooked around his neck, pulling him close, but I was all too aware of the other Mikaelson brothers watching us with amusement from the doorway. Pulling away, I smirked at them, and Kol and Klaus just chuckled and walked back into the house.

Elijah peered down at me, one raised eyebrow. "You're very casual for this."

I just shrugged back at him. "If it's not you that I'm with, I'm not going to be making a big impression anyway. And if it is you, I don't really care."

I pulled him down into another kiss, and he chuckled at my words before pulling my chin up towards him. His lips were so soft. And he was always so beautifully clean-shaven. His cologne smelt amazing and they way his hands were placed on my hips made me want to drag him into bed right now, but unfortunately, we were disturbed by an irritated honking from Kol's car.