19. Hybrid Death March

Elijah's POV:

I went straight to the Bennett witch, knowing how she trusted me, and asked her to track down Abby.

She looked at me unwillingly. "Isn't she in safe hands with Klaus?"

I shook my head, worry lines creasing on my forehead. "Who knows what he will do."

Bonnie simply shrugged, and grabbed the hairbrush which I had snatched out of Abby's room. She started humming and magically waving her hands around the map of the state, making soft air waves. I had chosen this map, knowing my brother and his laziness, and I was sure he wouldn't have gone out further than that.

After about a minute, her nose started bleeding. I knew this wasn't a complicated spell, she must be really struggling with the power. Suddenly she whipped her head up, in a trance-like state.

"Spill some blood on the map."

I raised my eyebrows, but obliged, leaving more than enough. It started bubbling about, then slowly moved across, past Mystic Falls, on towards an even smaller town to the west.

Ah yes. How could I forget. Klaus's second mansion. I mentally face palmed, but patted Bonnie on the shoulder as a thanks, before rushing out the door to get there as fast as I could.

I needed Abby back. If anything happened to her, I couldn't live with myself.

####

Abby's POV:

Klaus's mansion was quite a relaxing place. More relaxing than the other Mikaelson mansion, always bickering going on.

And the hybrid kept making more and more food. I guess if I had lived for a thousand years, I would be a great cook too.

But like a lot of other things, I sucked at cooking. Most of my vampire years I had spent partying, or trying to hunt down Katherine for killing my brother.

I was across the couch, flicking through the channels on the overly-large TV, until I found one displaying Mystic Falls news. Nothing new. Boring stuff.

But hey, there was a Founder's Day celebration soon. Damn, I always loved those. I skimmed my eyes over to Klaus, to see him furiously yaking into his cellphone, some top model thing.

He didn't seem very happy, but then again, he barely ever was. I tuned into the conversation.

Klaus growled. "What. Why are you doing this."

Another voice, sounded like a Salvatore, chipped in. "Give Abby back. And come and help us with our little problem. You can't just wimp out and run without consequences."

"You know how much I want my hybrids. And you know, that destroying them WAS NOT a good idea, considering that I can grab Elena and make some more."

"Elena's a vampire now, genius. You can't even use her blood." They scoffed.

"I will kill you, and everyone you have ever met."

"Good luck with that. The deed is done. Killing won't save anything, dick."

Huh, sounded like Damon. Klaus growled ferociously and slammed the phone down. I struggled not to laugh, and looked at him wide-eyed, innocent face in tune.

"Your friends the Salvatores, have decided that killing all my hybrids would make me help them." As he yelled this, he threw a chair into the TV, smashing it, nearly toppling it off the wall.

I grinned. "Hey hey hey, I'm watching that. Calm down, it's all done now, nothing you can do about it right?"

He nodded slowly, then more rage took over him, and he threw another chair, this time into the fireplace. I shrugged.