26. Original Endeavours

Klaus's POV:

I walked out of the run-down farmhouse, dragging Hayley along behind me, by her hair. Tyler just chose to follow. Smart boy.

He scowled and crossed his arms as I slaughtered all of his precious hybrid family, the ones that were in the farmhouse at least. The hybrids running loose around Mystic Falls would have a surprise waiting for them tonight. Without the sire bond they were of no use to me. And I had to get all the rage out.

"Okay okay, I gettit, you're mad." Tyler demanded as he waddled behind me.

I stopped suddenly to stare around at him. "Do you know what has been happening back in Mystic Falls lately mate?"

He shrugged, trying to play his leader role. I just smirked, letting go of the girl's hair.

"Well let me fill you in." I replied. "Hybrids, unsired, roaming everywhere and turning at will. Unfortunately a victim to one of them was Damon Salvatore, who is now probably looking down on you and cursing at your bad planning skills."

Tyler's eyebrows raised, and he turned to glare at Hayley, who just put on that innocent smirk. I chuckled.

"What? Surprised?" I was using this to my advantage. He was now feeling all the effects of Damon's death, and I was determined to make him feel like the bad guy.

But before I could open my mouth to spout out more facts about what he'd missed, there was a swish of air right next to me.

My head turned to see Caroline standing facing the two hybrids, hands on hips and a hurt look on her face. I smirked.

"What the hell. Tyler! I have been calling for you and looking for you around town for days!"

She flips her head to Hayley. "And you've been here with Hayley psycho bitch this whole time?!"

Tyler steps in, trying to explain, before receiving a hard slap across the face, making him frown. I chuckled at his astonishment, making the blonde flick her head around to me.

"And you. What are you doing here?"

I smiled at her cheerily. "Well I was saving Mystic Falls of course. It seems all the unsired hybrids running around and killing, all lead back to here.."

I put emphasis on the word 'killing', because I knew that Caroline was also upset by Damon's death. Her face was a mixture of emotions as she turned back to the Lockwood boy.

"Is this true?"

He looked scared. Running a hand awkwardly through his sweaty hair, he replied. "I guess so."

This was just the last card for Caroline. She made a hurt, and angry huff before zipping out of sight again, and leaving Tyler calling after her in exasperation.

I smirked again, then grabbed a wooden bullet gun I had found inside the building. "Don't worry mate. She won't need to punish you after I'm done with the two of you."

####

Elijah's POV:

It was great seeing Abby's face after I had removed the blindfold. For a second I thought that she would hate it, but I knew she loved it by the sparkling excitement in her eyes.

After a minute of staring in awe, she turned, grabbed me by the collar, and gave a long, hard kiss. I was slightly surprised, but who was I to object to this.

When she pulled away, she was grinning like a little girl who got told she was getting a life's supply of candy.

"Thankyou." She whispered in my ear, before grabbing me by my hand and dragging me behind her into the bustling crowds.