30. Discoveries

Rebekah's POV:

I had been helping my brother and Abby's with bringing down the many dead hybrids to the basement cells. The boys all told me that it was okay for them to finish off, so I strolled into the kitchen to grab a blood bag.

"Klaus? Abby? Where are you two? Do you want a drink?"

I turned to look behind me at the messy bench, covered in bandages and bottles of medication. Sucking down my blood bag, I frowned. They had obviously been here before. But where were they now. Stepping back out of the room, I walked around the house, curious to their whereabouts. I had a bad feeling about what Klaus was up to, and my gut feelings were usually correct. I walked slowly into the entrance hall of the house, and looked up to see a surprising sight.

Abby was tiptoeing down the staircase, with Klaus by her side, who was anxiously buttoning up his shirt. When my brother saw me, he raised a single eyebrow, and then slowly pushed a finger to his lips with a cheeky grin. I shook my head in disgust, and Abby gulped guiltily. I just walked away back into the kitchen for refill, rubbing my temples in frustration. Klaus jogged down after me.

"Sis-ta. You won't tell Elijah right?" he put on his smoulder-like expression, and I just rolled my eyes and turned away to get another bloodbag. When I turned back he was giving me the death glare, and I sighed.

"You want me to lie to my brother, when you have slept with his girlfriend, the love of his life, his only happiness?"

Guiltiness flickered through Niklaus's eyes, and he nodded slowly. "I am saving him the pain. And you won't say anything, will you sweet-art?"

He turned back to Abby, who hastily shook her head, whilst flashing me a guilty smile. "I don't know what happened, I had no idea what I was thinking."

Niklaus raised an eyebrow at the confused girl. "Sure love. I know you loved every minute of it." He promptly snatched up a bloodbag and strutted away. I rolled my eyes at him and turned around to the girl.

"Would you like to tell me exactly what were you thinking?"

"What are you questioning Abigail about, sister?"

The three boys came into the room as Elijah's voice rang out, and he strolled in, displaying a smile. I gulped. "About Klaus not being strong enough to battle the hybrids. Supposedly he is the strongest thing on Earth."

Elijah nodded and came up behind Abby to hug her. "He's all talk."

The original leant down and kissed her on the forehead, and she blushed, looking over at me with a pained expression. I gimaced and walked over to stand next to my younger brother. Kol smirked at me.

"What's going on with them? What did you do Bekah?" he winked.

I ran my hand through my slightly disheviled hair, and sighed. "Believe me, you don't want to know."

####

Damon's POV:

About 10 minutes after Stefan had left to Elena's, me and Rick were still having a good ol' catchup, laughing and chatting about the funny times in the past.

I took a swig of my scotch. "Hey when you were 'watching over us' did you see me die? Pretty gruesome right!"

Laughter spilled out of my mouth, and the history teacher chuckled along next to me. "And when Klaus stole Abby, and you just stood there all shellshocked."

Allaric burst out laughing, and I nodded, remembering that strange moment. "I was so guilty because I gave him the idea."

The other man patted me on the shoulder, whilst still laughing his head off. "Well that sure worked out well."

I grinned at him, but then stopped, and raised a single eyebrow. "Changing the subject a bit, why can I see you, and hear you? Why are you even here?"

Rick muffled his laughter slowly, then his eyes folded into a deep frown. "Damon buddy, I really don't know."

It was obviously something Bonnie had done when she brought me back to life. In a way I felt kind of bad, but judging from Stefan's phone convo, things were going pretty well if Klaus was getting attacked.

"Shall we take you around to the Gilberts' for a wee visit?" I hopped up and shrugged on my leather jacket, and Rick followed me.

"Sure. Stefan would have already filled them in. I'm hoping they'll be so eager to see me we will pass them along the way."

I rolled my eyes and strolled out the front door. "A man can dream."

####

Elijah's POV:

Abby had been acting strange all day. But in a way, it was a good strange.

Every kiss she gave me, more passionate. Every smile, more caring. And she paid no attention to anyone else around her, except me. She was obviously feeling guilty about something. And I was determined to get it out of her.

I knew this wasn't the right time. Her brother was back for a short period, and who knows who else was. So I was just going to wait until they left. If they did.

The introduction between me and Greyson was awkward, as I had previously pinned his throat up against a wall. Abby dragged me over to him with a smile.

"Greyson, Elijah. Elijah, Greyson."

Her brother nodded at me and firmly shook my hand, although I could see a flicker of fear in his blue eyes. I chuckled.

"You don't need to be scared of me. I'm only, what? 1000 years older than you."

It was my lame attempt at a joke, and although Abby laughed, not all the Stephensons accepted the humour. Greyson frowned and pulled back defensively.

"I'm not scared of you. At all. I just like that my sister is happy, and it seems you are the one making her that way."

There it was again. That guilty smile of hers. Abby looked down at her feet as I peered at her out of the corner of my eye, studying her facials. Yup. Definitely guilty.

We left the room and strolled into the living room, settling down onto the couch. I brushed Abby's fringe away from her eyes lovingly.

"Forgive me, but you seem a bit distracted today. A penny for your thoughts?" I flicked an old-fashioned penny from the 1800's out of my pocket, and onto her lap.

She gave a small smile at the reference, but couldn't meet my eyes, peering around the room. "Nothing Lijah. Truly. I'm shocked to have my brother back."

I nodded, piercing my eyes into her. "Shouldn't you be out there socialising then?"

She grabbed my hand into hers softly, and smiled up at me. "What I really need right now, is you."

In a swift motion, she had grabbed the collar of my shirt, and pulled me forward, placing her lips firmly onto mine. Guilt kissing. But I wasn't going to reject it, I still loved her after all.

I ran my hands through her long hazel hair, and pulled her face towards mine, devouring every inch of her. She smelled wonderful, and she had obviously sprayed on my favourite perfume, some vanilla scent which she knew made me want her even more.

With all these things adding up, I played everything through my head. She was fine before we came to help Klaus, and I had my eyes on her nearly the whole time. Apart from when the men dragged the ghost wolves down to the cellar.

I pulled back quickly, and she fluttered her eyelids open, a shocked expression flashing over her face. I sat back, and straightened up my jacket, before smiling at her and turning towards the entrance hall.

"I better go check up on my siblings, and yours."

As I paced away out of the room I could hear Abby's brief sigh, and she got up and followed me, with loud clunky footsteps.

The vamps were all getting along just fine. All seated along the large table, and all in a deep discussion about mysterious ghost appearances. It seemed Kol and Greyson were joking around a fair bit, grins plastered onto their already smiling faces. Just the sight of them made the edges of my mouth turn up cheerfully.

Klaus and Rebekah however, seemed to be arguing about something. He glared at her with his deep brown eyes, and she banged her fist down onto the table, and flipped her head around as I arrived above her. Klaus's eyebrows raised as he saw me, and my sister yanked my hand, pulling me into the corridor.

"We need to talk."

This simple statement made my angry brother burst up from the table, before snatching up his keys and racing out the door. I raised a single eyebrow as he rushed past me, and Rebekah lowered her voice.

"While you were down putting the hybrids away-"

I interrupted, raking a hand through my tussled hair. "-something happened between Klaus and Abby."

She went silent, looking up at me with sad eyes. "I think he compelled her-"

I grunted and sprung out from the hallway, and grabbed my own set of keys, determined to get out of the house. "It doesn't make a difference Rebekah. If he wants her, he will get her."

She walked out behind me as I halted to a stop by the front door. "Klaus. Always gets. What he wants."

With those final words I swung the gigantic doors shut, and raced over to my car, which I hopped in and fired up the engine.

I had three options of where to go.
-Follow Klaus.
-Visit the witch for help
-Get away from this damned place

The witch would help me sort out some strange cure for compulsion. And whatever option sounded the most alluring, I knew what I had to do.

The last sight I saw was Abby's hurt face peering out the giant glass window, watching me zoom off of the premises.

---------------------------------------------

Dramaaaaa. I'm starting to finish up this story in the next few chapters, and start a new one. I need your guys help on what story to do:

-a sequel to my Kol fanfic 'love that never ends'
- a klaus fanfic based on TVD storyline
- a klaus fanfic not completely based on that storyline

VOTE, COMMENT, follow errrrything and ill be eternally grateful XOXOX

AND PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO ABOUT MY NEXT STORY IM IN DISTRESS