23. 'Because it's working'

Abby's POV:

It was a few days after me and Elijah had made up, and there was a school football game that night. Matt, Tyler, and maybe Stefan were on the team, although they hadn't played too good since Damon had his bloodrage and killed the coach a few years ago.

I absent-mindedly wondered what Elijah would look like playing football while I lay next to him on the couch, playing with his hair.

No, he was too classy for sport. I don't even think I could get him onto a field.

There was a knock on the front door, and I skipped through the hallways to find Caroline on the Mikaelsons' doorstep, being charmed by none other than Klaus. She still loved Tyler, but deep down, I knew she had feelings for this man.

Niklaus and Elijah had given up their fighting, and were living in the same house again, although still not speaking to eachother.

They were 1000 years old, yet they couldn't seem to get along like normal. Although I had to admit, the death glares they gave eachother made me laugh.

Caroline smiled when she saw me, and stepped into the house, pushing past Klaus who looked slightly amused.

"You coming to the game Abbs?"

I nodded, grabbing my jacket from their flash coat rack. "Sure am. When's it start."

She smirked. "Now actually. But I wanted to collect you first. It's unhealthy to live with all these men for days on end."

I grinned. "Isn't that what I do with Damon and Stefan anyway?"

Shrugging, she grabbed my hand. "Let's go."

We turned to the door to find Klaus blocking my way. "Be careful tonight. My hybrids aren't syred to me anymore, who knows what they'll do."

I smirked and gripped a hand on his shoulder sarcastically. "I'm sure we'll be fine."

Elijah must've been listening in because as we opened the door to leave, he came zipping out, and pulled me into a long, hard kiss.

Caroline and Klaus stood their awkwardly, until it got too much for the blonde, and she coughed loudly, before grabbing my hand, and pulling me out the door.

I waved and bit my lip at Lijah as we left the house, clambering into the car to set off to the big match. Caroline rolled her eyes at me.

"You purposely kissed him to put tension between me and Klaus."

I shook my head and laughed as we pulled out onto the road. "Think what you want Carr, but you two would be great together."

####

Damon's POV:

Burning with rage, I wanted revenge for the gruesome wolf bite that nearly cost me my life. But yesterday I got distracted way too easily by the thought of the bar at The Grill.

So today, noone could stop me, they were all too busy at their stupid football game. And I was going to find this wolfpack. Or, hybrid pack. Whatever it was. I'll know if they're Klaus's stupid creations, because they can turn any time they want.

I headed straight to the woods, in the far distance hearing the start horn of the game. Apart from that, everything was silent. I trodded through the undergrowth, peering around the giant trees that inhabited this place. They were like giraffes towering over, blocking the sun, and the wind rustled the branches.

As I trampled through the leaves, I had time to think. I loved Elena. But she loved Stefan. Any girl that I loved, didn't love me back. It was hopeless. Even Abby, who was friends with both me and Stefan, always chose him. I needed to find someone, before I ended up ruining my brother's life for real.