18. Bacon Blood and Booze

On the way home, I examined the gruesome bite on Damon's hand. It was really deep, and had blood oozing from it. Yuck. It was spreading fast too.

I was with the Salvatore, the Mikaelsons' claiming they needed a 'strategy meeting' and Stefan looking after Eleana, who luckily hadn't run into any wolves.

Damon groaned as he studied his right hand. "It's spreading and becoming infected, and this was only 10 minutes ago. Hey it's the second time I've been bitten by a mutt. Feels good."

I chuckled. "The werewolves really have a thing for you."

He glared at me, one of those scary Damon glares, then smirked sarcastically as a thought sprung to mind. "If that's Tyler's clan back in town, I will rip their little wolfy hearts out tommorow."

I was just about to answer him back with a smart comment, when we were interrupted by a deep British voice.

"If only we knew of a cure." Klaus grinned at us, appearing next to me and walking alongside.

I rolled my eyes at him. God he was stubborn. "Just give him your blood Klaus, you know he'll die without it."

This just made him laugh even more. He obviously didn't care at all about Damon's well-being. But I know what would make him care.

"Do it for Caroline? You know that would earn her respect." I gave him a meaningful look, followed by a pleading smile. This was my puppydog face, large eyes, cute smile. It seemed to make Elijah do whatever I wanted.

But not all the Mikaelsons.

Klaus didn't like being told what to do. We had a stare off for a few seconds, while he deliberated the consequences of all of this. Help the vampire, get the girl, everyone's happy. But he liked to be the one in control.

"Well we all know what you had to exchange last time for my blood. My precious.. hybrid.. blood."

He sliced his wrist , letting the dark red liquid poor onto the road we were walking on. Damon just rolled his eyes.

"Well I don't think we want any ripper Stefan again. Oh how I wish there were another way." He prayed up at the stars sarcastically. "Maybe trade for Abby this time?"

I glared at the Salvatore, who simply smirked and carried on caressing his hand.

Klaus grinned. He tossed a small flask of blood to Damon, then slowed his walking to a halt. My eyes widened in confusion, and he titled his head at me.

"Maybe that's just what I'll do."

The last thing I saw was Damon's alarmed face as I reached my arms out to him. A moment later, Klaus broke my neck.

####

Elijah's POV:

I raced home, to see my two siblings still sitting at the dinner table, now in a fight. Strange. Usually they worked together well.

I tuned into the arguing as I walked through the front door.

"Matt Donovan."

"What about him, brother!"

"You should've killed him that night, ever since then you've become too mellow, too caring."

"Maybe I like it that way. Maybe I don't want Matt to die!"

"You're no fun anymore. I'm sure he'll have fun with his football after I broke his hand."

"You didn't have to do-"

I cut in, walking into the room with a huff of annoyance.

"Or maybe, you should stop bickering, and let me tell you what's happening?"