Chapter 15: Faith

Chapter 15: Faith

"What's your cellphone number?" Ali asks me. It was lunch time, and I was sitting in my usual spot, beside Cameron.

"Um. I don't know," I reply to Ali, whilst giving her a sheepish smile.

Ali chuckles and brings out her hand, across the table, "Just pass me your phone so I can put my number in it."

I nod, and dig through my bag. Finally reaching my phone, I hand it out to her. I watch as she grabs the phone and starts clicking on the buttons.

My phone wasn't all fancy like the richies who studied here, it was just a regular flip phone. I felt a blush start to creep on my face. I was embarrassed and ashamed of it. Hopefully, no one will care.

As I watched Ali click away, I feel a nudge on my shoulder. I turn my head towards the direction of the nudge, and immediately meet with probably the most captivating sea-like eyes I've ever seen.

Cameron was so close to me. Our noses were only about a centimeter apart. The little space between us made me look down at my lap. I gulped when Cameron's finger slightly brushes mine.

Then slowly, I feel his hand tuck a strand of my hair, and he leans towards my ear. He grins, "Good to know you kept the keychain."

Taking a glance at my phone, I look at the keychain he gave me that night before. It was dangling from the top of my phone and, I remember how he told me that he'd be really hurt if I didn't keep it.

What he just said makes my blush deepen, and so, I try to give him the deadliest glare I can offer. He, however, just gives me one of those cute, innocent smiles.

I roll my eyes, about to say something, but was quickly interrupted.

"Break it up you guys," I look up to see the source of the voice. It was Ashton.

Both Cameron and I sit up straight. "Look who's talking," Cameron replies, nodding to Sasha, who, may I remind, was Ashton's girlfriend.

Ashton just smiles and says, "I have an exception. She's my girlfriend." Then he gives Sasha a kiss on the forehead, and she replies with a blush.

Cameron rolls his eyes, "whatever Ashton." And in that moment I feel Cameron's hand go on top of mine. His thumb beginning to massage the side of my hand, as if to say, 'don't pull away.' And for some reason, I really didn't want to.

***

I couldn't deny it anymore. I was attracted to Cameron. He was sweet, cute, and he would really make a good boyfriend.

I know it may sound cocky, but I'm sure he felt the same way. With the signs he's giving me, he probably likes me back.

A smile broke on my face. I liked that thought.

"What are you smiling about?"

I looked up to see Cameron beside me, and a blush managed to escape. I cursed at myself for letting it break free.

Cameron laughed. "Good to know I make you blush."

I was hoping he wouldn't notice. "Shut up Cameron."

It was the end of the day, and Cameron did stick to his word. He walked me to every class, and I felt kind of guilty that he'd be late. He didn't seem to mind though.

When we walked to each and every one of my classes, we would talk nonstop. Every time, we'd always have something to talk about, and I liked that.

I was also able to know more things about him, like how he had two sisters (one older and younger than him) and that his favorite color was yellow. We would play twenty questions and our answers would sometimes lead to a conversation. Because of these things, I had a good day today.

Cameron gave me a smile, "I'll walk you to your car."

I nodded then we began to walk, but I came to a sudden halt.

"I need to go to the loo," I say. May I remind, that that is not the best thing to say to a guy. Especially to someone you're attracted to.

He raises an eyebrow, whilst chuckling, "the what?"

I roll my eyes. "The loo," I repeat. "Bathroom for you American people."

"I know what the loo is," he says.

Now it's my turn to raise a brow, "then why ask?"

"I just find it unusual." He flashes a smile, and I almost melt into his arms.

I shake my head. "Stupid American," I say before turning around and heading towards the loo, I mean, bathroom.

Washing my hands, I take off some of the pen markings on my hands. This is what happens from when I'm bored at class, I doodle on my hands and arms. Basically, any body part that isn't covered by clothing.

As I washed my hands, one of the door stalls open, and I see Sasha making her way out.

"Hey Faith!" she greets as she turns on the faucet of the sink, making water magically wash down.

"Hi Sasha," I reply. Out of all the girls in the table, I consider myself closest to Sasha. I was really starting to warm up on her.

"Do you have any extra curricular activities?" she asks.

I shake my head no. I wasn't one to join any extra curricular activities, since I wasn't very sporty or brainy at all. I was just there.

Sasha points at herself, "I join cheer leading." Cheer leading did seem to fit her. Her body was thin and curvy, and the cheerleader outfit - which I only noticed now, sue me - looked very natural on her. It was as if she was born to be a cheerleader.

"I figured," I reply, chuckling. I was obviously directing towards her cheerleader outfit.

Then suddenly, she asks a questions that catches me off guard.

"So what's up with you and Cameron?"

I momentarily freeze from the sudden ambush.

"Um," I trail as I turn off the faucet and dry my hands. I could feel the growing tension in the air, but Sasha tried to avoid it.

"Do you like.... like him?" She asks with a huge smile on her face.

I try to avoid the question by saying I like him as a friend. "As a friend," but I could see Sasha doesn't approve my answer.

"No," she clarifies. "I mean as more than a friend."

Then a blush starts to creep on my face, which just blows away my cover.

"Ohmygosh!" She shrieks, while clasping her hands together and jumping around. "I knew it! I knew it!"

Suddenly, she grabs my hands and starts jumping in front of me.

"He totally likes you back! You should see the way he looks at you in lunch and everything! And the way he always finds an opportunity to be with you---" she screams in joy and starts jumping around again.

I just stand there blushing wildly, looking everywhere I can.

"I totally ship you guys together!" She says with a big smile. "You guys would make such a cute couple!" Couple?

She grasps my hands again and starts to ramble, "if you guys get together, I would be screaming as hell! And--" she gasps in realization before continuing. "Me, you, Ashton, and Cameron can go on a double date! It will be so fun!"

She shrieks again and I try my best not to cover my ears. "I need to tell Ashton," she says.

I was about to protest, but before I knew it, she's already running down the hall, off to tell Ashton.

What.

The fuck.