Chapter 8: Devin

Chapter 8: Devin

I never broke down like this, especially in front of someone. I usually kept my cool. It felt good though, having someone with me. Holding me. Comforting me.

I really needed it.

I hugged Faith back, and cried my eyes out.

Neither of us moved for a while, we were both just glued to each other. My tears were running out, I couldn't cry anymore about Rosemarie. I had to face reality, and reality was:

She is gone.

And all because of this chick, but seeing us, right now, maybe I thought wrong of her.

Suddenly there was cough behind me. Our instincts told us to jump apart.

"No Public Display of Affection," stated the teacher behind me. I turned to look at him, he was pointing towards the cafeteria doors. "Get to class."

We both nodded, and quickly scattered off like scared mice.

I approached my locker, and quickly got the things needed for my class. I headed for Room 15, Math. 

When I entered the classroom, Mr. Norris was the teacher and he was already giving a lecture. He glared at me for being late and disturbing his lecture. I just gave him a sheepish smile, and went to the only seat available. He continued his lecture, and I tried to listen but it was difficult.

I kept on thinking about what happened earlier. Faith and I.

Then a thought came to my mind.

Maybe. Just maybe that was the start of a new friendship.