Chapter 11: Faith

Chapter 11: Faith

I couldn't stop smiling. I felt kind of accomplished that I made friends with Devin... sort of. The guy who's love life I messed up. Even though he still doesn't forgive me about the situation with his girlfriend, I was still happy. Besides, I understood why he wouldn't, well, couldn't forgive me. But then again... like I mentioned before, I just couldn't stop smiling.

"Hey." says a familiar voice from beside me. I look at the right just to be greeted by wide green-blue eyes. Cameron gives me that dimpled smile of his and my heart melts at how cute he looked. With his bed hair, it just made him look even cuter.

I smile back, "Hi."

"Looking pretty as always, I see," he says.

I blush at his statement and begin to glare at him, "Oh, shut up."

He laughs and we both get things from his locker. Once we were done, Cameron looks at me and begins to walk with me tagging along by his side.

"So whats your next class?" Cameron asks.

I take a glance at him before looking at where I was going. "I'm pretty sure it's English," I reply to him.

He stops walking and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

I sigh and take my schedule out of my bag, look at it, then back at Cameron, "Yeah, I'm sure," I say. "Why so curious?"

He gives me that same dimpled smile before saying, "I'll walk you there."

***

After the last bell rang, I ran out of my classroom and hurried to my locker. Today I was finally going to get an American number. Shoving my unneeded textbooks in my locker, and made my way to my car.

I was looking through my bag, looking for my car keys, when I realize that they weren't there. I started to panic for a little while before remembering that my mom needed to borrow my car today so she just dropped me off.

I groaned out loud because I would have to get an American number some other time and I would have to walk. I turned to the right preparing myself for the long walk back to my house.

"Oomph," someone grunted.

"I'm so sorry!" I immediately apologized. I looked up at the person and realized it was just Cameron. "Oh, it's just you."

He raises an eyebrow at that. "Just me?"

"Just you," I confirmed before walking past him. I just wanted to get this long walk over with.

"Hey!" Cameron shouts from behind me. I hear footsteps come towards my direction and suddenly Cameron is in front of me. "What are you doing?"

"Walking to my house," I reply, shoving past him but after one step he's in front of me again.

"Look, I'm in a really sour mood, if you want an explanation, I was planning to go to the mall to change my number into an American one but my mom borrowed my car for the day, and now," I sigh and look down at my feet. "I have to walk to my house and I'd really like to get this over with."

I tried to shove past him again but Cameron put his arm in front of me. I look at him, his right hand nervously scratching his neck. "You know," he starts. "I could bring you to the mall. Help you with your number then bring you home, that is, if you want, of course."

My eyes light up, "You'd do that? For me?"

He nods and without thinking I hug him. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" I say.