Chapter 19: Faith

Chapter 19: Faith

When I was a child, I always thought of the world as a huge place. I always felt so small whenever I thought of Earth, and the fact that there are more planets than Earth. I remember learning in school that there are more galaxies than ours. We were just one small galaxy of many.

The world never seemed so small, until now.

I did a dare on Devin and his girlfriend, who ended up breaking up. I thought I'd never see him again since I was moving to the United States, but he actually lives there. And to make matters worse, he's going to the same school as I am. And to make things even worse than that, I met this guy named Connor a day before school, and he ends up being Devin's brother. This world is smaller than I thought it would be. Way too small for my liking.

It's Monday today, meaning another day of school, and I was determined to get on Devin's good side. I was sick of going around in circles. If he's nicer to me, we might even have better luck on our side when trying to get him to be with his girlfriend again.

Once I swung open my locker, an origami crane fell out. I stared at it questioningly before picking it up. The crane was made of a white notepad paper, and on its right wing was a writing. 'To Faith' it wrote. It was written with a black marker thats ink seeped through the paper. I thought about just keeping the paper the way it was, considering that I have no idea how to do origami, and how beautiful this crane was. But my curiosity got the better of me, and my hands began to unravel the beautiful crane.

'Meet me @ Creamy Goodness later after school? – C’ The address of the Ice Cream parlor was on the bottom.

I immediately thought of Cameron. He wants me to meet up with me after school! In the same place where we had our sort of first date together?! I started screaming internally, I was so excited. Why does he want me to go there? Is he officially going to ask me out?

I was smiling like crazy as I folded the paper in fours, and shoved it in my shoulder bag. What could he possible want from me?

And as if Cameron heard my thoughts, I slammed my locker shut and he was there leaning on his side. I let out a little squeal, and after I calmed down I said, "Ohmygod! Cameron! You gave me quite a shock!" I lay my hand over my chest as my heartbeats quickened, but it wasn't because of the shock Cam gave me but because he was right here in front of me. Oh, the things he does to my heart.

Cameron gave out a loud laugh while tilting his head back. "You sounded so British there," he says through his fits of laughter.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his comment. Don't I always sound British? "What can I say," I reply. "I'm from England after all."

All of a sudden, he puts his arms around my shoulders, and steers me to the sea of teenagers going to their next class. I blush once I realize where his arm was. I love how comfortable he is with me, and vice versa.

"We have first period together, right?" Cameron asks.

I nod, "Yeah, English right?"

"Yup," Cameron replies with a pop. "With Mrs. De Santo. She's a real cool teacher."

Mrs. De Santo was awesome. She was such a chill teacher, and her expectations for us students aren't very high. Therefore, making English an easy A class for me. "Yeah. She is," I say.

Before we knew it, it was lunch, and Cameron and I were sitting beside each other. Our thighs were touching, and our shoulders flat against each other. My stomach was doing somersaults at our close proximity. And just to think, I might be his girlfriend tomorrow.