Chapter 23: Faith

THANKS TO @yufannx FOR MAKING THIS COOL AS COVER. MAKE SURE TO CHECK HER OUT!

Chapter 23: Faith

DIng. Dong.

I jumped in front of the mirror, almost poking my eye out with my mascara brush. He's here already? Usually, I'd put on more make up for dates but I was freaking out on what to wear that I lost track of time. I quickly finished up with my mascara and dealt with natural look I had on. I grabbed my small brown shoulder bag and ran towards my bedroom door. However I stopped in my tracks and couldn't help but get one last look at myself.

My pale green pleated dress fell down just above my knees. It complimented well with my green eyes. I tucked a loose strand of black hair behind my ear, trying to make my hair look perfect. I topped my outfit with some mint green flats. Instinctively, I twirled in front of the mirror, letting the dress spin around me. Smiling one more time, I finally head out of my room.

"Faith! A boy named Cameron is here for you!" my mom shouted from downstairs. "And he's quite the looker!"

I almost tripped once my mom said that. I could feel my cheeks burning, how could my mom humiliate me like that? "Mom!" I shouted accusingly, going down the stairs in haste before my mom could say anything remotely embarrassing in front of Cameron.

Once I made it down the stairs, I saw Cameron talking with my mother. He looked awfully handsome in his blue button down shirt tucked in his khaki pants.

I walked towards him and my mother, pulling him away before my mum could do any more damage.

"Hi," I said shyly.

"Hey," Cameron grinned before taking a step back and taking in my appearance. His grin widened, showing off those heart stopping dimples. "Wow, you look amazing."

I chuckled, looking down, trying to cover up the blush I knew was coming. "Thanks. You look quite dashing yourself."

Now, it was Cameron's turn to blush. Gosh, the two of us looked like tomatoes. Then I heard someone cough behind us. We quickly turned our heads at the sound coming from my mother.

"So," she smiled mischievously before whispering in my ear. "This is the boy you always talk about?"

I was mortified. "Mom! No, I don't!"

"Sure you don't, sweetie. Anyway, have fun on your date," my mom said, quickly ushering us out the front door.

"It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Dawson!" Cameron called out as we headed to his car.

"Likewise, Cameron! I hope to see you more often," my mom smiled sweetly.

"Bye, mum!" I said.

"Oh and Faith, sweetie?" Oh no. What now? "Don't do anything inappropriate!" She exclaimed, wiggling her eyebrows before finally closing the door.

I face palmed myself while Cameron just laughed.

"I like her," he said.

***

"So, what are we doing tonight?" I asked, curious because it seemed like we've been driving around for ages. I still wasn't familiar with all the places to go here, so I was relying on Cameron to have something planned.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," Cameron said, smirking slightly.

"That was a terrible line. Very cliche," I replied.