Chapter 13: Faith

Chapter 13: Faith

I smiled even though Connor couldn't see me through the phone.

"So, what's up?" I asked him. I didn't really know what to say to him. I was just hoping this conversation wouldn't be awkward. I mean, I barely knew the guy but he seemed nice and like he would be a great friend.

Before he could respond, I heard another voice on the other end of the line. I didn't quite understand what was being said, but I knew that the voice was male.

"Wait, hold on for a sec." I hear Connor say to me before addressing the other person.

The other person proabably moved closer because I could hear their conversation clearly now.

"Uh.. I live here?" I hear Connor say.

"You know what I mean." The person replied.

"What? I can't see my parents and chill with my awesome brother?" Ah, so he was talking to his brother. My mind flashed back to the first time we met, vaguely remembering a grumpy guy calling for Connor to hurry up.

Since I wasn't even supposed to be listening in on their conversation, I sort of spaced out, only catching snippets of their conversation. I was drinking a bottle of water when I heard something interesting.

"My roommate," Connor gives out a loud groan.

"What about him?" his brother asks.

I continued to drink my water, and I was surprisingly really thirsty. Maybe because of all the things Cameron and I did together. "Thats the thing...." Connor starts. "He's gay." And I spit out all the water, surprised at what he just said.

A gay guy? Not to mention, Connor's roommate?

Connor's brother shouts, "N-no way!" before laughing hysterically in the background, which makes me chuckle.

"This is not funny," Connor exclaims at his brother, which makes my chuckling turn into laughter. "Oh please! Not you too!" The laughter in the background gets louder, and so does mine. "This is so not funny!" He practically whines at me.

I continue to laugh, finding it suddenly hard to stop. "You gotta admit, it is a little funny," I say to Connor. I could just imagine him blushing furiously in embarrassment.

"This is so funny. No, this is hilarious." Connor's brother says, obviously intending to piss Connor off even more.

"Do me a favor brother and shut up," Connor snaps. Ooh, someones a little touchy. I don't see the problem with a gay roommate. Unless...

"...Normally, I have nothing wrong with gay people... but this guy... Well, he's..." Connor trails. So, it's not because Connor is homophobic.

"Let me guess. H-he's attracted to you or something?" I hear.

This makes me laugh even harder. Aw, the poor Connor, but I really couldn't blame the roommate though. Connor is quite the attractive young lad, a very attractive young lad.

"Sh-shut up," Connor stutters. "Both of you, please."

I'm trying, I really am, but this is just way too funny.

"I think you should give him a chance, Connor." I hear the brother say.

I snort and decide to finally speak up. "Yeah, Connor. Give the guy a chance! Who knows? It might lead somewhere!"

"Oh what? You're siding with my brother?" Connor asks me.

"Yep." I reply, popping the 'p' as I continue to laugh at this current situation.