Chapter 4: Devin

Chapter 4: Devin

I didn't move an inch as I heard the door of my blue Mustang being opened, and shut close with a loud slam.

"Took you long enough," I snapped at Connor, my brother.

Connor is my older brother. He just started his first year in college. When I found out about it, I was amazed that he actually made it to a college, a good one too. I've always known him as very immature and childish.

My brother is actually the one who helped me with Rosemarie. Connor is very talented with the ladies but he wasn't some jerk of a player. He is careful with who he dates, and he loves being cheesy and romantic.

"Someones on their period," Connor replied with a smirk.

"Why did we even have to do the groceries?" I groaned. "Couldn't someone else do it for us?"

"You know mom doesn't like to spoil us too much. We have to do some things on our own." He replied. 

"And what was up with your flirting? Did you have to take so long?" I said, grumpily. I couldn't help being so grumpy and mean. The love of my life just broke up with me.

I revved up the engine of my Mustang and rolled it off the parking lot.

I drove like I usually did. Windows down, and my left arm out.

Connor snorted, "How could I not take so long in flirting? She was hot and she had this sexy British accent. She even moved here from London!" 

I winced at the mention of Rosemarie's hometown. Does everything have to remind me of her?

Connor must have noticed my wince because his eyes softened. "Shit, I'm sorry, man. I didn't mean to bring up Rosemarie's hometown."

I winced again at the mention of her name. The pain from the break up was still raw and it was eating up my insides.

"Shit! Sorry about mentioning Rosemarie," he widened his eyes in realization. "Oh shit I did it again! You know what? I should just shut up now."

"Yeah, you should," I agreed.

Then Connor started to look at me weirdly, "Dude. You've got to relax."

Thats when I noticed my knuckles were white from gripping the steering wheel. I inhaled a big breath and loosened my grip on the steering wheel.

"So... How about school?" Connor asked out of the blue.

I frowned. "I thought you were going to shut up."

He laughed and turned his head at me, "Seriously? You thought I, Connor Tuckerson, will shut up?"

He had a point there, this guy never shuts up. I decided to humor him, "What about school?"

"You can't be bitter to everyone who tries to talk to you," he points out.

"I can't help it," I snapped. "You wouldn't know how it feels like. Your most serious girlfriend lasted a month. Mine was two years."

He rolled his eyes. "Wow, Dev. You make me sound like a total player."

"You might as well be. You flirt with every hot girl." I tell him.

I knew this was true. Connor was a flirt with bags of charm. He could make any girl weak at the knees. But maybe I was a bit harsh. Whenever he actually did get a girlfriend, he was the perfect gentlemen. Always faithful, loyal and treated the girl right. It just never lasted long.

"Yeah, I have to so that I could find the one."

Under his 'cool guy' facade, he was a romantic at heart. He always believed in finding 'the one'. That's why his relationships never lasted long. He always claimed that she wasn't 'the one'.