Chapter 9: Faith

Chapter 9: Faith

RING!

I jumped up on my seat, and saw students packing their things and scurrying out of the classroom. My whole body relaxed as I realized it was finally the end of the day.

Grabbing my things, I followed the people who shoved their way through the tiny doors leading to the exit. Eventually, I made it through but there was another sea of people waiting for me on the other side. I was actually quite surprised by how packed the hallway was. It seemed much wider before.

I shoved and pushed people as I tried to navigate myself to my locker. When I spotted it, I was surprised by who stood beside.

I saw Cameron clumsily shoving textbooks in his locker, and I chuckled when some of his things tumbled down on him. He obviously heard me chuckle because he turned to face me, and I could see a tint of red on his cheeks.

I laughed this time, and he started to look like a tomato.

I bent down, and started to help pick up some of Cameron's stuff that fell. He bent down and did the same.

"Here," I say, giving him the textbooks I picked up.

He nodded, and grabbed the textbooks out of my hand. I smiled at him, and he smiled shyly back.

Then I stood up, and opened my locker, which was apparently right beside Cameron's.

"So you must be my new locker-mate?" he said as we both shoved things in our lockers.

"Oh really, I didn't notice at all," I replied sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever Ms. Sarcasm."

"Whatever Mr. I-Blush-Way-Too-Easy." And just like I expected, he blushed.

I laughed, slamming my locker close in the process.

"Shut up," he muttered as he tried to cover his cheeks with the palm of his hands.

"I can't," I say. "You just look too adorable when you blush."

His cheeks flamed, and I couldn't help but burst in laughter.

"Well, I can't help but blush," he starts. "Whenever you laugh that cute laugh of yours, I can't stop it from crawling up my cheeks."

I froze as silence overwhelmed us. I looked at him, and I could literally feel blood running up my cheeks.

"Gotcha," he said, winking. "Who's blushing now? Aw! You're cute when you blush. It's like this light shade of pink." He continued, pinching my cheek.

I swatted his hand away. "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

"Are you on your way home?"

"No! I'm on my way to the Grammys. I'm presenting an award this year, didn't you hear?" I said sarcastically.

He lifted his hands up in mock defeat. "No need to be sassy." He chuckled before saying "What I meant was, do you have a ride home?"

"Yeah, I took my car with me this morning."

"Oh, me too. We can walk together." He suggested. I was silent for a while, I don't know why. He must've took my silence as hesitation because he quickly added "That is.. If you want."

"Oh, yeah. Uh, let's go?" The last part came out more as a question than a statement.

We started heading for the parking lot and I spotted my Toyota in the crowd of cars. It wasn't that hard to find. It was the only car that wasnt flashy and shiny.