Chapter 7: Faith

Chapter 7: Faith

I was left agape. He's killing me inside. The guilt was eating my insides, and I didn't like it. Not one bit. Although, I knew I deserved it, every part of it but I mean, come on, if they really did love each other... why'd the girl leave him? Do they not trust each other?

Okay, maybe I'm just making excuses so I could make myself feel better but in the same time, I was sort of curious.

"Stupid girl like you wouldn't understand."

I remember him say, when I asked him why his girlfriend didn't trust him.

I want to make it up to him, somehow. Maybe I could talk to this girlfriend of his. I mean, ex-girlfriend and explain to her what happened. Maybe then, I won't feel so bad.

Looking around at the field I was left in, I wondered how I was going to go to my next class. It was obvious that I was already late.

I sighed and sat down on the grass. It was pricking on my bum, but that didn't bother me. I don't think I would be able to find my next class on my own. Plus, I couldn't go to class in this crummy mood.

I lie down on the grass, and close my eyes, trying to clear my thoughts.

I woke up with someone nudging my side. Hm, I didn't remember falling asleep. I must have dozed off somehow.

"Hey, wake up," My eyes flutter open to see a dark-skinned girl. Her hair was curly and thick, matching her equally dark eyes.

Groggily, I push myself into a sitting position. "What time is it?" I ask the girl.

"It's lunch time and--"

"It's lunch already?!" I asked in alarm.

Lunch time? That means I've missed 3 periods! Not good of a first impression, especially on the first day of a new student.

"Yeah. That's why--"

She was cut off by the sound of my stomach growling. I must have been hungrier than I thought.

I smiled sheepishly at the girl while she laughed.

"And thats why I woke you up," she said chuckling while pointing at my stomach.

I blushed in embarrassment.

She reached out a hand, and I gradually took it. With a little pull, I was up on my feet.

"I'm Sasha by the way, and you're the new girl," she gives me a warm smile. "Hope, am I right?"

"Actually, it's Faith," I chuckle. "But good guess."

"Do you want to go to the cafeteria? Or are we going to just stand here on the field all day?"

"Oh yeah. Um, where is the cafeteria?"

"Come on. I'll show you where it is."

We started walking side by side in the direction of the cafeteria. Passing the wide halls, I realized that Ali was right. There was a flock of students heading in the same direction, presumably to the cafeteria.

Soon enough, we were approaching big double doors and as promised, Ali was standing right in front of it, waiting for me.

"Hey Faith!" She greeted. "I see you've met Sasha. She sits with us at our table too."

"Yeah. She kind of found me outside." I told her.

"She was sleeping on the field." Sasha pointed out. "Good thing I was walking back from gym class. It was outside today."