Six

You sat with the twins in the common room, talking about the foreign wizarding students. What would they be like? Would they be staying? You weren't the only ones talking about it; almost everyone seemed to be buzzing about the news.

Later on, you excused yourself, as you were beginning to grow tired. Not to mention, you didn't want to be tired for the first day of classes. George pouted, as Fred begged you not to leave. You giggled and promised to eat breakfast with them.

You entered the sixth year girls' dormitory and changed into your pajamas. You then crawled into your familiar bed and covered yourself with the comfy duvet. You listened to the heavy beating of the rain against the windows for a while, before closing your eyes.

***

The next morning, you got up too early and showered. You then put on your school robes and dried your hair, with a Hot Air Charm. It was much more convenient than using a hair dryer. You had missed it over the summer, using magic just made everything so much easier. You then finished getting ready, before heading down to the Great Hall.

You grabbed a crumpet, with butter and some bacon. Soon after, you were joined by the twins, who were both still half-asleep, and you read your timetables together. "We have so many free periods!" You exclaimed, gleefully. "The joys of only taking three classes." Fred stated, sighing dramatically. You finished breakfast and waited for Fred and George to finish eating.

You all walked to your first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, with Mad-Eye Moody together. Interestingly, Mr. Weasley knew Moody and the twins were telling you about him. "He's a legend, he is." George declared. "An amazing ex-Auror, half the people in Azkaban were caught by him." Fred continued. "But, he's made a lot of enemies. That's why he only drinks out of his flask. He can't be poisoned then." George added.

You entered the classroom and took a seat at the front, next to Fred and George, who was also sat next to Lee Jordan. Defense Against the Dark Arts was definitely one of the best lessons, Lupin had taught you so much and thanks to him, you were able to get your Outstanding.

Moody limped in and stood at the front, his fake eye watching the entire class. Everyone seemed to be listening intently. The entire room was silent.

"Today, we will be looking at the three Unforgivable Curses. Can anyone tell me why they are given that name?" He started, looking around. You tentatively raised your hand and noticed you was the only one. "Yes?" He said, staring at you. "The use of any of them is, well, unforgivable. You will be imprisoned in Azkaban, for life, if found guilty of using one." You said, feeling uncomfortable, as the false eye moved. "Correct. Now, who can name one of them and tell me what it does?" Moody asked. "The Imperious Curse, my Dad told me about it. The person you cast it will be under your control." George said. "Good, now, let's see this curse up close." Moody stated, grabbing a jar on his desk. It contained three spiders, one of which he pulled out. "Imperio!" He yelled. The spider was now following the movements of Moody's wand. He made it scuttle up Alicia's arm, onto Lee's face and onto your desk. He made it jump out of the window, making you gasp.

"Another Unforgivable Curse." He said, to which he got no reply. "There's the Cruciatus Curse. The target feels the worst pain imaginable." You said, quietly. "Used for torture. We'll need to make it a bit bigger, to really understand the effects of this one." He announced, enlargening the second spider, making some girls squeal. "Crucio!" He yelled. The spider writhed silently in pain, its legs contorting wildly. You covered your face with your hands, horrified by what you were seeing. You guessed by the shocked noises you heard, he killed that spider as well.

"The last and worst curse?" He asked, casually. The silence was deafening. "The Killing Curse, an instant, painless death." He explained, but you already knew that. He made the final spider bigger and pointed his wand at it. "Avada Kedavra." He shouted, a green light hitting the spider, making you flinch. The lifeless body of the massive spider skidded towards the back of the classroom.

Thankfully, the lesson ended soon after and you rushed out of the door quickly, not wanting to spend anymore time in there. You decided to go to the library, as you had a free period next anyway.
Y

ou found a good book and made yourself comfortable, trying to forget what you had just learned. Someone slid into the seat next to you, making you look up. "Cedric, hey." You grinned, closing the book. "Hello, Y/N. Just checking that you hadn't forgotten about my offer." He smiled. "Course not, hopefully there'll be a Hogsmeade trip soon." You replied. He nodded and you discussed other topics for a while, before he left. You returned to your book and became engrossed in the story.

***

The first week back passed by very quickly. You spent your free lessons with the twins, helping them develop their products and doing the large pile of homework you had already been given.

Moody's lessons actually got better, he mostly talked about being an Auror, which was very interesting, although you were still wary of him. He did turn Malfoy into a white ferret and hung him upside down though, earning him some of your respect, though.

***

A/N: This part was kind of boring to write. I don't really like editing this book much, but it feels really great to publish a chapter, so it's worth it.

I had a goodish day today. I'm rereading my favourite book (that's not part of a series), All The Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven. I was also allowed to listen to music on my phone, in biology, so I played All Time Low.