Nine

The time had come for the Triwizard champions to be announced. No one could concentrate, due to all of the excitement. Cedric had entered his name and had gained a lot of attention. Once again, there was an extravagant feast to celebrate this occasion. Not that you minded, of course.

Barty Crouch and Ludo Bagman, who would be helping to judge the tournament, had also turned up. Fred and George seemed very interested in Bagman and you were certain that you heard them discussing ways to get him alone. You briefly remembered their gambling in the summer, but discarded the thought soon after. Bagman had paid them back, so what could be the problem? It was probably better if you just left them to it.

***

The Goblet of Fire decided it was finally ready to choose who would be competing. First up was Durmstrang; Krum was selected, earning many loud screams from his huge and growing fan club. He got up and silently entered the room that Dumbledore had said to. No trace of a smile or any joy. Next up, Beauxbatons; Fleur Delacour, or Veela girl, as you had been calling her. She followed Krum elegantly and some of her classmates burst into tears, just because they hadn't been chosen.

Now, the entire hall waited with baited breath, for the announcement of the Hogwarts champion. Cedric's name was called, after what felt like a whole eternity of waiting, and the entire Hufflepuff table burst into loud cheers. You clapped along loudly, as a smiling Cedric went to wait with Krum and Fleur.

Dumbledore began to speak, but then something strange and unusual happened. The goblet flickered and selected another champion! A grave faced Dumbledore read out the piece of paper, calmly. "Harry Potter." He announced, before there was an uproar. Harry sheepishly stood up and went into the room.

The feast began, but there was a sort of tension in the air. But the Gryffindors were happy, as they had a champion from their house to honour them. You hoped Harry didn't get into trouble, as it made no sense that he would enter the tournament, yet you couldn't think of a better reason as to why. You noticed Ron's angry expression, after his best friend's name had been announced.

There was a celebration in Gryffindor tower that night, for Harry, the fourth Triwizard Champion. The twins had snuck into the kitchens and brought food, making the party even more enjoyable.

***

People, especially Slytherins, resented Harry for being chosen as a champion, making horrible badges proving this. You defended him in Potions, after you overheard Warrington joking meanly about it and flashing his badge. Unfortunately, you picked the wrong moment and Snape caught you insulting Warrington. Ten points were deducted from Gryffindor and "you're lucky you aren't getting detention, Miss L/N". Coincidentally, Snape didn't hear Warrington call you a filthy Mudblood, as he returned to his desk.

It seemed like Ron and Harry had fallen out about it, because they were glaring at each other across the common room and Ron now ate with you, Lee and the twins. You hoped they made up wih each other soon, as poor Hermione was stuck in the middle and she was really upset about it.

***

A few days later, you were talking about the Durmstrang boys with Hermione, by a random statue of some historical witch (who most likely invented something useless), when Cedric pulled you aside.

You briefly apologised to Hermione and warmly greeted Cedric, who couldn't stop grinning. "Hi, congratulations, by the way. You'll be a great champion." You smiled, genuinely. "Thanks, I really appreciate it. There's a Hogsmeade trip next weekend, so I'll meet you outside of your tower." He continued. "I'll be there." You promised, before you left to go to the library, with a squealing Hermione. You quickly glanced behind you and waved goodbye to Cedric, who blushed amd waved back, with a wide smile.

***

With Hermione's help, you got ready for your date with Cedric. You were mostly nervous, as you had never been on a proper, magical date before and didn't really know what to expect.

After ages of rummaging through your drawers and trunk, you found a cute dress, paired with your favourite shoes and everday hair and makeup, it looked great. You threw over a thin, black cardigan and thanked Hermione repeatedly. "You look stunning, Y/N. Let's hope Fred sees you like this, ehm?" She beamed, pushing you out of the door, ensuring you wouldn't be late for Cedric.

You headed to the portrait hole, but not before saying goodbye to Fred and George. You didn't really want to tell them that you had a date, let alone with Cedric Diggory, you somehow knew that they wouldn't approve. "Where are you going?" George asked. "Lookimg beautiful." Fred added, making you blush bright red. "To Hogsmeade, with Cedric." You replied, smiling. "Like a date?" Fred questioned, eyebrows raised. "Yes, exactly like a date." You smiled, climbing out of the portrait hole, not waiting to hear their replies.

***

"Y/N, you look amazing." Cedric smiled, walking over to me. "Why, thank you. You look great, as well." You giggled, following him out of the castle. Excited students were milling around and the Beaubatons and Durmstrang students seemed very eager to get to Hogsmeade for the first time.

The two of you looked around Zonko's, but you couldn't look at something, without thinking about how much the twins would like it. You then decided that you'd get them their Christmas presents from here.

Then, you went into the ever cosy and warm Honeyduke's, where you had to buy all of my favourite sweets. Chocoballs, Cauldron Cakes, Sugar Quills, Chocolate Frogs, No-Melt Ice Cream and, of course, a bar of Honeyduke's Best Milk Chocolate.

Cedric then took you to The Three Broomsticks, for a warm Butterbeer. Fred, George, Lee and Ron were there, as were Harry and Hermione.

You drank your Butterbeers, laughing the whole time. You noticed Cedric's gaze kept flitting to the bar, where a pretty girl in the year below you was sat. She was a Ravenclaw, who you think was called Cho Chang. From the way Cedric looked at her, you could tell he had romantic feelings for her. "You should go and talk to her." You suggested. "Huh? No, I'm spending time with you." He insisted, blushing slightly. "Go on, I'll be fine." You urged, as he got up and walked over. He paid for the Butterbeers, despite your protests and took a seat next to the girl. They began talking and a wide smile spread across Cedric's face.

***

A/N: Hi guys! Hope you liked this part, I don't really have anything else to write here. This is the perfect time to be publishing this story, as I can publish the Christmas chapters!