Fifteen

You woke up the next day and sat up, stretching your arms. You hadn't gotten much sleep, as you had spent most of the night rethinking sverything over and over again. Then, you remembered what had happened last night, between you and Fred, at the ball. You were reluctant to leave your dorm, but you finally found enough courage to do so. Thankfully, Angelina and Alicia seemed to have already left and the common room was completely devoid of students.

You walked into the Great Hall, for breakfast, as usual. The Gryffindor table was buzzing with its normal conversation, even more so, if anything. However, when you sat down by yourself, the talking immediately ceased. So everyone knew what had happened between you and Fred already. There was also the added issue of revealing your scar.

You stared straight ahead, focusing on the window. It was extremely difficult not to notice Fred and George sitting with Lee, Alicia and Angelina, all of them acting like nothing had ever happened.

You felt tears beginning to brim and you bit your lip, determined not to cry. Tour efforts were futile, as a tear escaped. Unable to take the uncomfortable silence and many looks anymore, you got up and wandered around the school, to try and take your mind off of everything.

Roger Davies found you, by a suit of armour. "Y/N, are you okay? You went out to talk to Fred and never came back in, last night." He said, placing a hand on your shoulder. "I'm fine, Roger, really. I was tired, so I went back to my dorm. I hope I didn't ruin your evening?" You replied. "No, I had a great time with you, then I spent the rest of the evening with Fleur Delacour." He grinned. You said goodbye to him and went to look for Hermione, as you knew she could help you forget about last night.

Then, you ran into George. "Y/N, I'm sorry about what happened between you and Fred. I think if you talked to him, it would be good for the both of you." George said. "Sorry, Georgie, he's the one who needs to apologise. What he said was really hurtful." You said, looking down. "If there's nothing I can do to change that, then I'll go. But, at least have these photos I took, of the two of you." He sighed, handing you a stack of photos, which he had taken with third year Colin Creevey's magical camera. You thanked him and sat on a staircase, flicking through them. Some of the dance practice, when Fred had just placed his hands on your waist, when you were looking at each other, when you rested your head in his chest. Some of the Yule Ball, when you walked down the stairs and Fred saw you, when you danced with him. All of these photos moved and you watched Fred dance with you and the smile on his face in every image.

***

Hermione was in the library and you couldn't see Ron or Harry anywhere. That was odd.

"Oh, hi, Y/N." She smiled, peering over a large stack of old books. "That's a lot to read, 'Mione. Even for you." You said with a smile, sitting down. "I'm trying to figure out what was in the golden egg, seeing as Harry doesn't seem to care at all." She told you, sighing softly. "Where are Harry and Ron, anyway?" You asked, flicking through one of the books. A cloud of dust rose from between the pages, making you cough. "I don't know. Ronald was an ass to me, last night." She scowled. "That makes two Weasleys." You muttered. "What did Fred do?" She questioned. "How did you know it was Fred?" You wondered. "Y/N/N, nearly the whole school knows something is wrong between the two of you. You didn't return after talking with him last night and you sat alone at breakfast." She pointed out. "I suppose so. Well, anyway, he just said some things he shouldn't have." You murmured. "So did Ronald. Feel free to eat meals with me, until Fred apologises, which I know he will." She reassured you. "Thank you, Hermione. You're the best!" You told her, hugging her tightly.

***

A/N: I hope you all had a good Christmas! It was so tempting to try and resolve things in this chapter, but I decided to make a whole chapter on it. It will be the next one, so I'm gonna get started on it right now!