Seven

The day that the foreign students were arriving finally came. Filch had been cleaning the castle constantly and got extra snappy, whenever someone got something dirty.

Lessons ended a half hour earlier, meaning you could escape from Defence Against the Dark Arts. You used your time to neaten your uniform and practice some spells.

You grabbed your Gryffindor scarf and joined the twins, in the busy common room, struggling to hear them over the excited chatter.

You followed the other students, in your house, to wait for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to arrive. Everyone, teachers, studemts of all ages and houses were stood outside.

McGonagall was barking orders, trying to make sure everyone was presentable. She managed to find a fault in everyone's uniform, even if it was something silly.
"Tie up your shoes properly, Miss. Y/L/N. And sort out your tie" She ordered, her eyes inspecting every part of your uniform. You fought the urge to sigh and retied your shoes, the Muggle way. There are just some things that are better done without magic. You moved to undo your tie, but Fred beat you to it. He tied it perfectly, his eyes not leaving yours the whole time. You stuttered a thanks and looked at the Forbidden Forest, not daring to risk a glance at him.

When everyone finally met her expectations, McGonagall smiled proudly and you eagerly continued to wait for some sign of arrival. It was thankfully not too cold, for an October evening.

"Look at the sky!" Someone yelled. Almost automatically, everyone rapidly looked upwards. There was a few gasps, before everyone began speculating about what the mystery thing in the sky was. It turned out to be an elegant, flying, horse-drawn carriage. A large, yet still pretty, woman stepped out and greeted Dumbledore, like an old friend. From the snippets you could hear, she sounded French. You assumed she was the headmistress and you had a feeling this was Beauxbatons. Her students got out of the carriage. They wore blue, silk robes and were shivering in the British autumn, but there was something graceful about them. Not to mention, they were all beautiful and flawless. There was one girl in particular, who had the boy's attention, much like a Veela. You elbowed the twins, getting their attention again.

"The lake!" Lee yelled, pointing. A mast had submerged from the depth. "It's a ship!" You realised. The rest of it surfaced and it looked rather daunting. It reached the shore and a man walked off, with his students. You recognised the first student instantly; it was Viktor Krum! The squeals, from the other girls, told you that you weren't the only one. You noticed that the other male students were very handsome, as well. They were much more prepared and wore thick, fur coats.

***

Everyone went into the castle and you wondered where they would sit. The Beauxbaton students sat uncomfortably at the Ravenclaw table, whilst Durmstrang sat with Slytherin. The smug looks on all of their faces made you scowl. Malfoy seemed to talk to Krum nonstop. Although, Krum appeared rather disinterested, which made you pleased.

You subconsciously touched your scar, something you had a bad habit of. You kept it covered at all times, not wanting people to see it. It was easy now, as it was cold and you could always wear jumpers, but summer would be different.

"What are you thinking about?" George asked, shaking you from your thoughts. "Which one of those students could be a competitor." You lied. He nodded, believing you and the two of you began discussing which one it could be. Fred just listened; he seemed to be deep in thought.

Dumbledore stood up and the excited chatter died down, immediately. Everyone was eagerly awaiting what he was going to say.
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and most particularly, guests. I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable. The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast. I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home!" He declared, cheerfully.

There was the normal food, with foreign food for the guests. You helped yourself to all of your favourites. The Veela girl came over and asked for a dish, that sounded French. Ron spluttered out his words and you couldn't help but laugh, as the tips of his ears turned as red as his hair. For dessert, there was even more food, ensuring that no one would possibly go hungry.

***

A/N: This chapter is a bit shorter. Sorry for not posting for a while, I've had lots of tests recently and lots of homework. Not to mention, this time of year is always pretty hectic.

I'm kind of thinking of making one of those books, where I rant about things and share my life. Would anyone be interested in reading it?

Also, my Draco X Reader (People Change) got 10K reads! I'm so happy and thank you to everyone who read it.