Sixteen

A little while after the Christmas break had ended, you went down to the Great Hall for lunch, as normal. If you didn't eat with Hermione, you ate alone, because you weren't sure what the rest of your house thought about you anymore.

Hermione was sat with Harry and Ron, who she had forgiven pretty quickly. It made sense, she did love him and most people would do anything for those they loved.

You heard Hermione say something loudly to Fred, who looked like he hadn't slept for ages. "She's been crying herself to sleep, every night and I'm the only person she talks to anymore! You need to apologise to her." She said. "I hate not talking to her, it kills me! Don't you think I know what I said was wrong? She probably hates me now!" He yelled, storming out. By now, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and the teachers were all watching with wide eyes. You tried to fight the temptation, but you couldn't, so you followed him out.

You found him, sunk against a wall, his heas in his hands. You sat down next to him. "Are you okay, Freddie?" You asked, cautiously. "Why are you even being nice to me, after what I said?" He asked, not looking up. "I miss you. Yes, I'm upset, but it doesn't change the fact that I still care about you, a lot." You said, grabbing his hand. "I hate myself for making you cry." He murmured, looking at your eyes, which were puffy and red. "I understand you were just worried about me and lookin out for me." You whispered. "I'm so sorry, please forgive me, I need you, Y/N/N." He said. "I forgive you, Freddie. I need you too." You said, moving closer.

He pulled you closer and wrapped an arm around you. "Can we forget that last night ever happened?" He asked. "I don't know about that. I did enjoy dancing with you." You said. "I enjoyed that part too."He grinned. You showed him the photos that George gave you and he duplicated them all, so he could have a copy pf them. It was as if nothing bad had ever even happened.

***

George grinned, as he saw the two of you walk into Charms together. "I knew that you two would make up!" He said, excitedly. You rolled your eyes and sat next to Fred. "Did you manage speak to Bagman, last night?" You asked, in a hushed tone. "No, the deceitful git is avoiding us." George scowled. "Don't worry, I have a plan. He'll have to give us what we want." Fred smirked. "What about Percy, was he there on behalf of Crouch?" You asked. "Yeah, supposedly Crouch has been vey ill and Percy's become his personal assistant and takes orders from him by owl." George said. "I'll bet he's absolutely delighted." You said, absentmindedly waving your wand. "He's going to be even more unbearable now." Fred sighed, dramatically.

The three of you laughed and joked around as usual, then headed outside, to enjoy the last of the melting snow.

***

The second task of the Triwizard Tournament was fast approaching. You wondered if Harry had worked out what it was, or at least what was in the golden egg.

One day, you went into the library, to return a book and saw Harry pouring over mounds of books, looking stressed. Ron and Hermione were nowhere to be seen, which was odd, as they were always ready to help Harry. "Can I help you out, Harry?" You asked. "Yeah, if you know something that'll let me breathe under water for an hour, whilst I find something that the Mermaids who live in the Black Lake stole from me." He replied, sighing. So, you were correct, it was Mermaids! "I can't think of anything right now, but I'll look in the books with you." You said, cheerfully. You picked a rather large, heavy book, which was bound with leather. After a brief glance through, you decided it wasn't what you needed. Slowely but surely, you and Harry worked your way through the massive pile of books, watching it diminish each time either of you finished a book.

A little while later, Neville also came in, to help Harry, so you left them to it, now even more excited for the second task.

***

Swarms of students gathered around the Black Lake, all very cold and hyped about the task. There was lots of cheering and yelling, whilst waiting for it to commence.

The champions dove into the lake, except from Harry who looked like he was being strangled. Instead of diving like the others, he ended up falling in, much to everyone's worry. Apart from Malfoy and the Slytherins. "I've killed Harry Potter!" Poor Neville shouted, looking very faint.

Just then, Harry leapt out of the water and dove back in, earning cheers from the crowd, especially Neville, who had never looked more relieved. "I can't see Ron and Hermione anywhere." You said. "I'm sure they're here, they'll always support Harry." Fred pointed out. "You're right, I guess." You replied, still a bit uncertain.

A while later, Cedric resurfaced, clinging onto a girl, who you recognised as Cho Chang. They had attended the Yule Ball together and you presumed that they were a couple. They suited each other quite well.

Then, Fleur was withdrawnfrom the task, due to being attacked by the vicious Grindylows that resided in the lake. She was bundled in towels and blankets, but she was inconsolable. She hadn't found what she'd had taken from her.

Then thirdly, Krum, who had a shark's head instead of his own, swam to shore with Hermione. It was shocking that he hadn't bitten her yet. He then returned to normal, which was a relief.

Lastly, Ron surfaced, dragging a girl who looked like a miniature Fleur Delacour, most likely her younger sister and the person she was meant to find. Then, as time was running out and people began to panic, Harry followed and was tied for first place with Cedric, as he had not only rescued Ron but Gabrielle Delacour. You saw Fleur Delacour differently now, as the most important person to her was her younger sister.

***

A/N: Yay, it's all better now and everyone is happy again! Uploading twice in one day, because why not? I've been in a writing kind of mood recently, probably because I have more time free.