The Big Day

(Still Mariee's POV)
The Next Day...

I was driving to pick DJ up from my mother's house. She decided to keep him for the full weekend to let the rest of the family see him. I didn't trip, he needs to be around family more. I got a text from Yo earlier , it was a picture of a little tuxedo that she found for DJ for when we have dinner with the magazine lady tonight. It was so cute! Oh and the dinner was rescheduled because they wanted DJ to be with us, and he is at my mom's house... So yeah. I pulled up in the driveway and took the key out the ignition. I got out the car and walked up to the door and knocked. "I wanna get it! I wanna get it!", I heard a little girl scream. "No it's my mama! I get to open it!", DJ yelled back. The door opened revealing my little angel. "Mama!", he smiled as I picked him up and kissed his cheek. I felt a small hand tugged at my shirt, I looked down to see the little girl. She was so gorgeous. Ocean blue eyes with curly brown hair and pink plump lips. You could easily tell she was mixed with some type of african and Puerto Rican by her skin tone and accent. "Hello.", she waved. "Hi, beautiful. What's your name?", I smiled. "Bél. Mommy said that it's Haitian for beautiful.", she said as she pulled on her shirt, so she might be mixed with Haitian. "You are so beautiful. Are you a friend of DJ?", she nodded and ran back inside, "Mrs. Grandma! DJ's madre is here!". I walked in after her and put DJ on the couch. "So Bél, is your mommy a friend of my mommy?", she nodded as she quickly sat beside DJ and started to feed him some of her animal crackers. I smiled at how she made sure he was eating before her. "Are you ready to go?" I asked, looking at DJ. "Can my friend come too?!" he asked eagerly. "hmm.. not today but, I'll talk to her mom about it one day this week and she can spend the night, okay?" they both nodded excitedly, and I watched as they hugged. I could have sworn I saw her kiss his cheek. I walked to the car with him and put him in his car seat, and buckled him in before getting in the driver.
"So... Is she like your crush..?", I mocked him. "Umm...what's a crush?", he asked. "A crush is when you like someone who might like you back.", he nodded, then messed with his fingers. "Mommy, do you think she likes me?", he blushed. Awwwwwww my big boy's first crush! "I think so.", he smiled a bit and covered his face and giggled. That is so cute. I honked the horn at my mother to let her know I was leaving. DJ waved at Bél and she waved back and blew him a kiss. I drove us home and saw Yo in the driveway with the little tuxedo she bought for DJ. I got out the car and took DJ out and followed her inside. She hung up the phone after a while and took DJ out of my hand to attack him with kisses. "I missed you so much, baby boy.", she smiled. He kissed her nose, "I missed you too, daddy." I awed at the scene and looked at the time. "We're suppose to meet her at 8, right?", she nodded. "Am I going too, mama?", he asked as he laid his head on Yo's shoulder. "Of course, we want you to be included also... It's 5:30. Let's start getting ready.", I took him out of her hand and walked upstairs to the bathroom and started running a bath. "Bubbles?", he looked up at me. "I'm sorry, baby, but we can't have bubbles tonight. We have to get ready for tonight, quickly. Take off your shirt.", I said. He did as I said and made a mad face. "DJ, stop. Do you want a whooping?", he shook his head and took off the rest of his clothes. He got in the tub and started playing around in the water. "Now let's get you cleaned up." After about 15 minutes, I was done and drying him off. "Brrrrr mama I'm cold.", he pretended as he wrapped himself up in a towel. "Is DJ ready?", I heard Yo say as she stood by the doorway."No, but you should be getting ready.", I gave her a look and made her go get ready. I finally dried off his body and looked at his hair. "Hmm...your hair has grown a lot, hasn't it? I wonder what I should do about it...hmm...", I started thinking. I grabbed the blow dryer and started drying his hair. He whined a little because of the heat, but he's a big boy. He might look like his daddy, but he has mama's hair. I'm glad. His daddy had straight nigga hair. After blow drying his hair, I dressed him in the tuxedo that Yo bought him. I took a few pictures and posted them. Then I hurried him out the bathroom so I could get ready. I took a shower, washed my hair, and put on the dress that I bought 2 days earlier. I blower dried my hair and started my makeup. This is going to be a big day for the Johnson family.
~~

(A/N: I don't know if I used another last name earlier in the story so, if I did I apologize.  -Kaay)