Why me..

I drove down the street of my mom's house with Cat in the passenger. I haven't heard from Yo ever since she left this morning. I know she can kick Jacob's ass, she did it in high school! But thinking about that now.. I realized that this isn't high school. He's a grown man now, what if he hurts my future wife? Tears came down my cheeks as I thought about the situation. "Yo is a tough girl, Mariee... Remember when you two got into an argument at school and she punched a hole in the wall? Or how she knocked out those boys who tried to rape you? Jacob only did this damage because I couldn't fight him back. It's different for her.", Cat said as she smiled. I nodded and sighed as I pulled up in the driveway of my madre and got out. Cat rushed to the door and I giggled at how cute it was. Cat loves mom so much. "Mommy!", she repeatedly knocked on the door. No answer. "That's weird... mom is always home.", I walked over with my key to her house and unlocked the door. Once I opened it we both gasped at the sight. Everything was a mess. The TV was broken, couch was ripped apart, pictures were shattered. My eyes widened when I saw a picture of Cat and I burned. "Who did-", before I could finish I heard muffled screaming and quickly ran up the stairs. "Mom!? DJ!?", I yelled. I opened every door until I got to the one that they were behind. I opened the door and opened my eyes wide as I saw DJ tied up screaming and crying and my mother... on the floor unconscious.I covered my mouth in shock and shook my head as I started to cry and walked over to DJ and untied him and picked him up. He hugged me tightly as he cried. "Mah Mah died..", he repeated softly. Cat rushed in the room and instantly started to cry. "Cat, call 9-1-1.", I said as I handed DJ to her. "I have to see what happened.", she nodded and left. I stared closely at my mother and noticed that the blood was coming from her beautiful head. I scanned her body up and down and saw semen running down her legs. She was raped... in front of DJ? I heard a groan come from the bathroom and walked into it. I saw Jacob coming out of unconsciousness and my blood began to boil. "What did you do to my mom.. Why would you do something like that..", he stared with regret. "Where's Yolie..", I asked lowly. "I- I don't- I'm sorry...", he began to cry, "She just wouldn't shut up... She wouldn't stop kicking or screaming... And I noticed how beautiful she was and I was thinking with the wrong head...", he sobbed. I balled my fist and took a lamp and threw it at his head making him fall to the floor yelling. "Mariee...", I heard a sweet familiar voice call my name.
I turned to see my mother slowly crawling to me. She gripped my clothes and cried softly. I quickly sat on the floor with her head in my lap and held her gently, "Mama.. what happened..", I teared up at the sight of her. She was broken and ready to leave this earth. "He.. he wasn't alone..", she whispered and took quick breaths. "The one who did this is... closer than you know..", she coughed. "Bring me justice, Mariee...", she smiled and rubbed my hair, "Mama's big girl.. take care of your sister.. and..watch your ..", with those words, she was gone. I felt her body get lighter like her soul just left. I shook my head and stared at her body. Then yelling came up the stairs, I knew it was the police and paramedics. I watched as they took Jacob into custody and take my mom's body away. "I'll find out who it was mama..", I went downstairs and saw Cat holding DJ and crying then I noticed Yolie sitting next to them. When did she get here? I sat on the couch and comforted Cat and DJ while the policeman explained the situation to us. I felt Yo's hand on my shoulders and looked over to see her give me a reassuring smile. After the officer was finished talking, I looked over at Cat. "I know mom had insurance... but I want to cremate her to keep her close to us..", I stated. "That sounds nice, but mom wanted a beautiful funeral. Who are we to deny from the dead?", Cat said. "I'll let you two handle that. DJ, come with me.", Yo said. I watched how fast DJ jumped into her arms, like she was his father, or his hero. "Love you, Marie. I don't need him here still. I'll take him somewhere safe.", she smiled at me, the smile I love so much.
"Yo..?", DJ looked at her. "I.. um..", he started. I walked over and rubbed his smooth face, "What is it baby?", he started to cry. "I know who hurt Mah Mah.."