The Triangle

Mariee's POV

I stared at Cat, waiting for her answer, preparing for the worst. "Cat..?", she stood up and looked down at me and shrugged. "I don't know... I mean.. she protected me from Jacob. Her own best friend... Do you know how many times she's fought him over me? Earlier you told me about how cruel I was towards her in high school... and you were right. I would kiss her and tell her about how nice of a girlfriend she'd make and then I went and dated her best friend. She gave up everything for me when it should've been for you. She takes care of you, loves you, takes care of DJ, treats him like her own son... I guess... I love her for caring about you. For allowing me to stay in the same house as her after what I put her through. I don't know, Mariee.", she sighed and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Mariee, I'm beating your ass for wearing my gold chain and just tossing it on the bed like it isn't my baby.", Yo came downstairs holding her chain with Jo following behind her. DJ began to sit up on my stomach and looked at Yo and Jo. His eyes widened after he rubbed, then he screamed at the top of his lungs. "What's wrong, papa? What's wrong?", I asked as I calmed him with my voice. "She hurt Mah Mah...", he pointed at Jo, who stared at him coldly. "Whaaaaaaat? That's ridiculous... Psssssssh... Jo wouldn't..", Yo stuttered, which she only does when she's lying. "Yolie. Explain.", I held DJ close to me and away from Jo, who chuckled. "The kid has it all wrong... I didn't hurt your mom. She asked me to put her out of her misery. I was walking down the street looking for Yo so that I could kill her for leaving me.", Jo began explaining. Yo and DJ's mouths dropped open at that comment.

"Aaaand on my way, I heard screaming. I walked in since the door was opened and saw... well you know. I saw DJ crying in the corner and Jacob hit your mom with a lamp. So I tackled him, picked up a shard of glass and stabbed him in the stomach. I was aiming for the penis, by the way..... you're welcome. Then your mom told me she wouldn't make it since it was a pretty big gash he gave her. So I ended her misery. You're welcome. Again. As for the Yo situation, it is my goal and desire to kill her for starting a life without me in it. Now that I've said all of this...", Jo quickly pulled out a GLOCK 17 and aimed it at Yo's head. "Maaaaaaan. Why the fuck can't I have a normal life? Why people always either try to kill one of us or break us up or both? Mariee, I'm blaming you.", Yo stated as she put her hands up in surrender. "Me?! You're the one bringing crazy people into our lives! We were fine before... wait no we weren't.", I replied. "It's safe to say that we both bring the craziness. Remember when DJ was kidnapped by my ex? Or when we met the swingers who worked for the magazine, which we still haven't modeled for! I told you it was fake! Or when you stabbed my little brother? Man, we're... we've been through a lot in the matter of... what a year?", she chuckled making Jo cock the gun.

"SOMEONE CALL THE COPS SHE'S GOING TO KILL YO! NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO GO DOWN MEMORY LANE!", Cat screamed. Jo smirked and lowered the gun, everyone else let out a sigh of relief. "I'm just playing with you, sis.", Jo said. "Come... come on, DJ.. we're going to the park.", I told him as I slid on my sandals and took his hand. We walked out the door and began walking down the sidewalk. "Mama... I don't like Jo... she scares me.", I stopped walking and looked down at DJ. He's witnessed so much, things children shouldn't see. I bent down to his level and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, baby boy... after the park, I'm taking you on a vacation and we're gonna get you some help."

He looked up at me and started to speak when we heard a gunshot from the house followed by a scream. I quickly ran to my neighbor's house, their kids go to school with DJ, and asked to leave DJ with them for a while and that they call the paramedics and police. I ran into my house to see Jo clutching her stomach, coughing up blood and Yo panting and shivering as she dropped the gun. Cat quickly ran to her side and hugged her. "I left for literally 3 minutes.. what.." "Jo tried to shoot Yo, I grabbed her arm and she pistol-whipped me...", Cat said as she pointed to her cheek.

"Yo got the gun... and shot her when Jo lunged at me... She saved me once again...", Cat began tearing up as police sirens began to sound in the background. "Yolie...", Cat leaned close to Yo and kissed her making my eyes widen and tear up. Yo didn't respond back, but she looked at me. "... I love you..", Cat said as she pulled away. The paramedics arrived with a gurney and put Jo on it, taking her to the ambulance car. Yo got out of Cat's arms and walked over to the police to talk to them. Cat and I stared at each other taking in everything that just happened. What is up with Cat lately? This isn't like her... She's not bubbly... she's not adorable... she... She's actually in love with Yo, I thought to myself.

~ 3 Months Later~

Cat hasn't spoken to me in 3 months now, Yo hasn't mentioned it, DJ is seeing a psychiatrist to deal with everything that's been happening. Jo was arrested but escaped police custody. We have no idea where she is, so we're under witness protection, which is a random house in the woods. "Mama! Yo called me a fart nugget! So I called her a bunny and then kicked her in the knee and ran so please protect me because she's looking for me because I kicked her in the knee and ran so she's coming after me.", DJ screamed playfully as he hid under the bed with his two little feet sticking out. Yo walked in and automatically spotted his feet. She carefully bent down without making a sound and quickly pulled him from under the bed causing him to scream and laugh as she tickled him. "You little booger!", she yelled then stopped tickling him and popped him on the booty one time. "I'm gonna watch Teen Titans Go!", he said as he ran to the den. I giggled and sat on the bed, Yo turned and faced me and we exchanged a look of awkwardness. "Do you love her?", I asked without a second to waste. "Mariee. You know where my heart is. I haven't brought up the kiss for a reason...", she sighed. "What was the reason?"

"It's a mistake. Cat just got out of an abusive relationship. She doesn't love me, she loves the idea of me. The me that protects. You've seen an entirely different side of me, M. ", she smiled at me reassuringly. I felt relief from her saying that. "Is this why she's acting dif-", I stopped mid-sentence when Cat hopped on Yo's back and giggled. "I want ice cream!", she whined. She looked at me and, for the first time in months, smiled. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for being selfish and weird... and having a crush on Yo..", she blushed. "I was never mad. Just disappointed. You can do so much better than Yo.", I shrugged. Yo nodded in agreement, "It's true." Cat giggled and pulled at Yo's cheeks. "Besides I have a new crush....on Joelle! She's perfect! So cute and evil!"

"Fuck. She's delusional, Mariee. Does she not remember that my sister tried to murder me? In cold blood? And she hit Cat... with a gun. Cat, your taste in people is... terrible..", Yo said shaking her head. "I want her to make love to me while holding her gun to my head", Cat teased causing me to laugh as she jumped off Yo's back. "You're kidding. She's kidding... about the making love and gun part, but no I can tell the crush part is real. I mean they've had sex.", I explained. "I think we should have a more detailed talk tomorrow... when I'm not pissed at the fact that my ex-crush likes my psycho sister. DJ! Come on, bath time. I'm gonna put bubbles in the bath because this shit is fucked.", Yo mumbled as DJ followed her to the bathroom while stripping off his clothes. "DJ, put your wiener away dude!", I heard Yo yell. I looked at Cat as we both laughed. It feels good to enjoy a family for once.

~Unknown POV~

"Yeah... I got eyes on them..", I said into the phone. "They're not gonna realize what hit them.", I smirked and hid in the bushes. "Good job. Send me your coordinates and I'll be there in a few days.", Jo said, "Or... you can get paid extra for killing her yourself." I looked at my gun and smiled, "We'll see, boss... we'll see."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HEY GUYS. WE'RE BACK. WE FINALLY GRADUATED AND ARE BOTH IN COLLEGE. WE JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS BOOK SO POPULAR AND GIVING US SO MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT. WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND LOVE ALL OF YOU. WE WILL UPDATE FREQUENTLY FOR NOW ON AND WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE'RE CLOSE TO THE END OF THE STORY. IT WILL BE UPDATED EVERY 2 DAYS TO GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE TO CATCH UP. I'M THINKING ABOUT CREATING AN INSTAGRAM PAGE DEDICATED TO OUR WATTPAD STORIES. WHAT DO YOU THINK? COMMENT BELOW. 💖

LOVE, TAAY