Chapter 13: The proposal

Author's POV

"Why do you want to go to the cemetery?"Jaejoong asked as he drove his car to their destination.

"I need to see Youngjae oppa.."she replied back. Jaejoong kept silent,he was thinking why they needed to see Youngjae's graveyard but he didn't want to ask her more further. He just waited until they arrived.

Yoomi caressed her brother's tomb with a smile on her face.
"Youngjae oppa..are you watching us right now? I miss you so much..Jaejoong oppa is here too.."she beamed.

"Hai,Youngjae. You must be happy up there. Am I taking a good care of Yoomi?"he asked with a smile.

"Youngjae oppa,I want to tell you something. I know that you were already chose Jaejoong for me. I know you liked him very much. But I want to tell you that I love Sunggyu so much,the guy that I brought to see you before. I want to be with him.."Yoomi expressed her feelings.

Jaejoong looked at her with surprised.
"Yoomi-ah..what are you talking about? Is this the reason that you brought me here?"Jaejoong asked her in surprised.

"Jaejoong oppa..You have filled the empty space that I have every time I miss Youngjae oppa. I treat you as my own brother. But,I love Sunggyu very much. He is the only guy that I want to spend my life with. Let me be with him. I just want to be happy like everyone else. Can't I?"Yoomi asked him.

Jaejoong felt heartbroken. His heart hurt so much that he felt like he wanted to die.

"Can't you be happy with me? Am I too late to win your heart?"Jaejoong's tears started to fall down to his cheek. How would he live after this knowing the only girl that he loved was already in love with his own cousin?

"Jaejoong oppa,you will always be my brother. But,I can't be with you as you want me too. Please let me be with Sunggyu..he loves me as much as I love him too..".

"But I love you too,Yoomi. I can't give you to him. I've promised to Youngjae to take care of you forever.."Jaejoong said desperately. He wanted to change her mind so bad.

"You can still take care of me,Jaejoong oppa..We'll always be brother and sister.."Yoomi held his hand gently.

"No..I don't want to be just your brother..I want more than that..I can't have you,right?"he asked her with sadness. Yoomi didn't utter a word. She knew Jaejoong's heart was shattered into pieces. She didn't want to say any more words that would hurt him again.

"Give me some time,Yoomi-ah.. I need to be alone. I'll ask Minah to pick you up right now.."he left her miserably. He looked disappointed and despaired because she rejected his love. Yoomi watched him as he disappeared from her view. She sighed deeply. It was hard for her but she needed to do it for his sake.
------------------------------
Sunggyu quickly went out from his car as soon as he saw Yoomi's car drove to her mansion. He waited for her there ever since she went out with Jaejoong from the hotel.

"Yoomi-ah!"he walked hastily towards her. He stood before her. Sunggyu lost for his words. He wanted to say something to her but his lips were sealed off.

Yoomi gazed at him with love. She wanted to confess how she felt for him. Her revenge will be accomplished soon and this was the right time for her to tell him everything.

"Yoomi-ah..I want to tell you-"Sunggyu paused his talk as Yoomi cupped his cheeks with her both hands and pulled his face closer to hers. Sunggyu's heart was beating so fast as they were so close to each other.

"I love you,Kim Sunggyu. I love you so much..From now on,you have my heart in exchange with yours.."she then kissed him gently. Sunggyu kissed her back as he held her back closely to him. They kissed passionately for a moment. They have been waiting this moment to come. They broke the kiss as they gasped for air. Sunggyu smiled at her as he ruffled her hair.