Chapter 24: The escape

Author's POV

Bora had to break the hug and distanced herself from Jaejoong as she saw the female doctor was approaching them. Her face still blushed from what happened just now.

"How is my nephew,doc? Is he okay?"Jaejoong asked worriedly.

"Someone strangled him and he almost die because of it."the female doctor said to them. Jaejoong's heart dropped as he heard that. Bora felt guilty as she knew that Manho did that.

"Fortunately, his condition is stable for now. Luckily,he didn't get convulsions from the high fever. I still need time to turn down his fever though. But I must say that he's been beaten quite badly. You need to lodge a police report about that. But don't worry,I'll try my best to treat your nephew. He's a strong little boy. He'll wake up anytime sooner. You may see him after this."the doctor continued to reassure them.

Jaejoong looked so relieved to hear about that. He turned to Bora and hugged her again in happiness.

"Oh,I'm so happy right now that I'm now in tears. Thank you again,Bora. Thanks a lot. I can't imagine if you didn't pick him up from the road. You saved my family. You saved Yoomi's son.."Jaejoong said in grateful. Bora can feel her heart was beating so fast. She didn't understand why she felt like this.

Jaejoong noticed Bora's expression and asked,"Bora,are you okay? You look lost in your thoughts..".

Bora quickly back to her senses and shook her head. "No,I'm fine. Why don't you get inside and see Sunghyuk first? I need to take some fresh air.."she gave excuses to get away from him for a while. She needed to regain back her thoughts and feelings.

"Okay,but you need to see the doctor too as well. I'll call a doctor to treat you after this,okay?"Jaejoong smiled at her. She felt her cheek turned red again. Just one that sweet smile from Jaejoong and she felt butterflies in her stomach. Oh,my..she can't be here. She needed to be somewhere else but here.

She hurriedly walked away without utter a word. Jaejoong watched her bewilderedly. He wondered whether she got sick or something.

Bora calmed herself as she stood behind the wall. She can feel her own heart beat,thumping in her ears.

"What's this? Why am I feeling this way towards Jaejoong oppa? I love Sunggyu oppa for years but why now I'm feeling something like this? What's happening to me?"she asked herself as she rubbed her chest,trying to get rid of her nerves.

Suddenly,her eyes were widened as she saw Manho and his men entered the hospital. She knew that they wanted Sunghyuk. She immediately ran towards the emergency ward. She panted as she entered the room.

"Bora,what's wrong?"Jaejoong asked her. She looked at Sunghyuk who was still unconscious on his bed.

"Jaejoong oppa,we need to get out from here. We need to bring Sunghyuk out of here.."Bora pulled out the blanket from Sunghyuk's body and tried to take off the IV tube from the back of Sunghyuk's left hand.

"Wait..why are you doing this?"Jaejoong held her wrist for an explanation.

"They are coming for him,oppa!"Bora cried. Jaejoong loooked shocked.

"Please,Jaejoong oppa..we need to get out from here.."Bora said worriedly to him. Jaejoong stared at her. He never thought that Bora would care so much for Sunghyuk that she wanted to save him by all means.

He then carried Sunghyuk gently to his arms and Bora led the way to get out quietly from the hospital.

Meanwhile,Sunggyu tried to call Jaejoong for a few times but the he didn't pick up the phone. He paced back and forth in front of his car and called Jaejoong again. Yoomi sat in the car with anxious and waited for Sunggyu to make his calls though she didn't know what was going on.