Goodbyes are hard

"Leila your friends are here" my mother said, I heard footsteps and my friends voices coming closer.

"We need to see you before you leave to New York" Alex said as he held hands with his boyfriend Isaac.

"Aw that's so sweet"  I smiled as I hugged all my friends.

We were all wearing our college shirts and sweatshirts.

"Where's Ryder?" Katie asked, "downstairs with his family and mine" I replied.

I tied my sweatshirt around my waist since it was getting hot, "I'm going to miss you" Katie said as she lifted the photo of me and her from 8 grade. I took the photo and stared at a chubby acne faced me hugging a really skinny acne faced blonde, "I'll miss you" I said hugging her.

"Remember this?" Alex said holding up the photo of me and him doing the prom pose at freshman year homecoming game.

"Aw" I smiled, "don't forget about this photo" Nicole said holding up the photo of everyone at my debate competition.

"I love you guys so much" I cried as I hugged everyone, "come here Isaac you're in this" I said as he came to hug the group.

I heard a knock and we pulled apart seeing. Ryder in his flannel rolled up sleeve tucked in his kaki pants.

"Hey Ryder" they said, "hello" he smiled. "I'm here to give you a gift" he said with his adorable grin, "really?" I asked.

"Close your eyes" he chuckled, "okay" I raised my eyebrow. I felt something on my head, I opened them as I touched my head.

I took the hat from my head and noticed it was his navy hat I wore on the trip to Florida.

"You're giving me this?" I asked surprised, "yes so you can practice being a navy wife" he grinned.

"Oh my god you guys are so cute it's sick" Nicole joked, "hey since you're going to be in film school write about us" I laughed.

"Let's get your stuff down" Ryder said walking to grab the box.

We finished the last one on my uncles truck, my dad came up to me. "Leila here have this" he said handing me a necklace with a hand that had an eye on it, "that was your grandmothers I'm here to pass it on to you" he said.

" I love it" I said with tears in my eyes, "always wear it because she's always watching you" he smiled.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much" I said to everyone, "visit me at DC" Mel said. "Of course i will" I grinned, "text us" Lennox said meaning my friends and her.

"I will never not text you guys" I giggled, "congrats again Zander and Lennox" I added.

Ryder then walked up to me and we were only inches apart.

"don't forget to always love me" he said, I looked up and grinned.

"I won't Ryder" I smiled

I got into the car and my uncle drove us to New York.

I thought about Ryder. The first time we met at his house which is where we kissed, him trying to get me to come over by using Lennox phone.  Ryder asking me to prom but leaves me on prom day. Seeing Ryder at my graduation and all my feelings coming back. All our fights never actually ending our relationship but making it stronger. He proposed to me at Katie's pool, that's when I knew he was the one even though his grandfather tried to break us. Our vacation together was amazing which strength our relationship.

I looked down at my diamond ring he gave it to me and smiled.

Ryder pov.

I watched the love of my life drive to her dream university. I stood there remembering our time together. I put my hands in my back pocket but realized that something is in it. I took it out and it was a crumpled up photo, it was me and Leila at the beach together I was behind her wrapping my arms around her with big smiles.

My phone buzzed, I looked at it was a text.

"soon to be navy wife already misses you" I read.

"Can't wait to see her soon" I said to myself as I walked to my car.